Roof Plywood Delaminating? ADVICE NEEDED!!

Redrider007

Hello all,

I have a section of plywood on my roof that is sticking up about a half inch-Is the plywood glued down? Can I drive screws into it or is it sitting on a foam insulation? I'm concerned that the roofing material may eventually rip open and create a water issue. I have attempted to attach a picture below. Thanks for any and all advice.

Attachments

• IMG_2521.jpg
    IMG_2521.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 95

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not telling you what to do, but I have a section that looks like that and its been that way for about five or six years.
As long as the rubber is still attached I felt that trying to fix it could create a problem.
I do keep an eye on it though.

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

I'm not telling you what to do, but I have a section that looks like that and its been that way for about five or six years.
As long as the rubber is still attached I felt that trying to fix it could create a problem.
I do keep an eye on it though.

Peace
Dave
I would agree, but would add a piece of Eternabond tape along that raised edge, just for some added insurance against a small leak.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a similar issue and had Heartland look at it when we had our rig in for service at the factory service center. They addressed it from inside, but removing the ceiling fan and shroud around it. We didn't actually see what they did, but it no longer sticks up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John T Bettencourt

My Landmark had roof damage in a storm so insurance company paid for a new roof. Repair company told me the the roofing was hardly tack down from the factory no excuse for a camper that cost that much money.

sengli

I know on the aftermarket RV roofing videos I have seen. They put screws into these types of issues, and then obviously seal over the screws they had installed to hold the plywood down.