I'm Getting Wet!

Sparkie

I have a o6 Landmark Shenandoah. Because of the gap between the end of the awning and the slideout by the front door when it rains the area in front of the door gets soaked. I have been trying to figure out how to arrange a tarp over that opening and still have the rain sensor engaged on the awning in case the wind gets bad. Everything I have come up with gets pinched when the awning is retacted.

Any ideas on how to solve my problem would be appreciated!!!

Thanks to all of you who contribute to this forum. It's a daily read for me. It's not only educational but entertaining.:)

irvin56

this was posted

Thread: Awning over entry
View Single Post #2 //heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/reputation.gif //heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/report.gif
//heartlandowners.org/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 08-14-2008
//heartlandowners.org/image.php?u=560&dateline=1170016641Ray LeTourneau //heartlandowners.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Seasoned Member
My location Join Date: Jan 2006
//heartlandowners.org/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon1.gif
Here's the solution I made for that. It's 1/2" plywood and a 2x2. I did it on a lark to see how it worked. It stops rain, helps keep the wind from flapping the awning and I think it withstands much more wind than without it.
Attached Thumbnails//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2716&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1218744451

Home Town, Dixon, IL
Summer Location, Coloma, WI

2007 Big Horn 3400RL #4995
"BART" 2004 Silverado 3500 CC LB7 D/A

//heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/quote.gif​

Ray LeTourneauView Public ProfileSend a private message to Ray LeTourneauSend email to Ray LeTourneauFind all posts by Ray LeTourneauAdd Ray LeTourneau to Your Contacts

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
My solution wouldn't be appropriate to use with the power awning as mine rests on the awning arm. The power awning doesn't have that arm. Thanks for thinking of my idea though.