Report Forum Upgrade Issues Here - January 2019

wdk450

Webmaster & Moderators:
I have noticed 1 thing that doesn't seem to be the same since before the upgrade. When I bring up the website, the login software doesn't seem to remember my password and automatically log me in, like it used to. I DO click "Remember Me" every time I supply the password, but it doesn't work as easily as before.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Login since 1/11/19 Forum Upgrade

It's working for me, I just logged out and in a couple times.
You might try clearing your cache. How to do that will depend on your PC or IOS device and browser. Google it.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

I have not had to manually input my password at all. It has been seamless. I have a MacBook Pro.

wdk450

I cleared my Google Chrome cache, tried logging in again, same result. I am running Windows 10, Chrome browser, on an HP laptop. Other users seemed to have the same problem.

- - - Updated - - -

HMM 2 minutes later than previous post, after I had to re-login to my Yahoo home page (due to the cache clearing), entering Heartland forum now the same as before the upgrade. Everything now OK.

jbeletti

Bill,

Yeah, it was likely a cache thing. That and the updated DNS continued to propagate across DNS servers around the globe. Our WebDev continues to work on issues that crop up that myself, Julie and the Mods find that are missing or broken. But I have to say, this move went pretty smooth.

Lynn1130

I am having the same problem on my desk top. I have not tried it on the ipad but the Website does not remember me from one visit to the next. Even after using both sign in screens and "remember me".

jbeletti

I am having the same problem on my desk top. I have not tried it on the ipad but the Website does not remember me from one visit to the next. Even after using both sign in screens and "remember me".

Clear your browser cache for this site and that should clear things up. Worked for others :)

Lou_and_Bette

Jim, et al, the only difference I have noticed is that when I open a thread, from the list of threads page, and return to the list of threads page, I am taken to the top of the page instead of at the level I opened the thread from. (Hope that makes sense). This is not an ‘issue’ only a mild inconvenience as I must scroll down to resume selecting threads to open. Other than this, the transition seems unnoticeable to me. Kudos to you and the Forum team.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't seem to be getting notifications of people posting new posts on my Rally page thread. At least it doesn't seem that way, looked today and had 4 new posts I didn't know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox

In my case ... my computer wasn't auto logging me in here, even though my sign in credentials were being retained (as shown by when I started to input them it'd complete the info).

After most online sessions I use software (ccleaner) to delete the accumulated cookies - and that was the key. Once I "allowed" the cookies from this site to remain behind my sign in became fully automatic.

jbeletti

I don't seem to be getting notifications of people posting new posts on my Rally page thread. At least it doesn't seem that way, looked today and had 4 new posts I didn't know about.

Forum Notifications (thread subscriptions, PMs, Email) are all being affected negatively from the move to the new webhost's server. Turns out, the server we're on does not have a robust enough process for this. This server was purpose built for Heartland RVs and the corporate sites and we're on the same box, so....

We are currently research 3rd party mail hosts. Once we decide who we're going with, we'll move the forum's outgoing mail processes to it. Our hope is to have this completed by the end of next week. Until then, it seems we'll get our notifications, but they may be sporadic and delayed. Sorry about that.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Forum Notifications (thread subscriptions, PMs, Email) are all being affected negatively from the move to the new webhost's server. Turns out, the server we're on does not have a robust enough process for this. This server was purpose built for Heartland RVs and the corporate sites and we're on the same box, so....

We are currently research 3rd party mail hosts. Once we decide who we're going with, we'll move the forum's outgoing mail processes to it. Our hope is to have this completed by the end of next week. Until then, it seems we'll get our notifications, but they may be sporadic and delayed. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the update! I am getting some notifications through Tapatalk. But not all.

Bogie

Webmaster & Moderators:
I have noticed 1 thing that doesn't seem to be the same since before the upgrade. When I bring up the website, the login software doesn't seem to remember my password and automatically log me in, like it used to. I DO click "Remember Me" every time I supply the password, but it doesn't work as easily as before.

I had the same problem. I noticed that after the upgrade, my browser had changed the address to www.heartlandowners.org I think the browser was not populating that login because it didn't think the site was secure. I changed the address to https://heartlandowners.org and it went back to normal. You might try checking that.

jbeletti

I had the same problem. I noticed that after the upgrade, my browser had changed the address to www.heartlandowners.org I think the browser was not populating that login because it didn't think the site was secure. I changed the address to https://heartlandowners.org and it went back to normal. You might try checking that.

When servers are changed, DNS needs to be updated (by us). Then the DNS change needs to propagate across the Internet. During the change, some site-locations and other stored data) in some browser cache may temporarily or no longer work. Fortunately, it's a minor issue.