Can’t get my TVs to scan any local channels. Have a heartlandkey largo with TVs in living room bedroom and outside.

Jzudans

after turning on the booster in the bedroom and raising my antenna I scanned for local channels and got none. I checked for voltage on the cable going into the tv by connecting to voltmeter in dc mode. Should have gotten some volts? Typically where I live a have scanned with other rvs and got most local channels with great reception.. I have a 2013 key largo fifth wheel. The tv is also 2013 so I assume it is a digital tv (flat screen). I say this because when the tv scans it says it is scanning for analog channels, which can”t be? I could not find anyplace in the menu for the tv where I can change from analog to digital broadcasts.iwould like to know if the forum has a wiring diagram for the cable system and where the power boosters might be if more than one and if there is a suggested troubleshooter for my problem. I have a satellite system that works well and have connected cable and rv camps that also works well. Thanks in advance for any help.

danemayer

Hi Jzudans,

Here's a link to the folder with COAX diagrams. Your LM is probably the 5th in the list.

Your report begs a couple of questions? Is this the first time you've tried the TV antenna in this trailer? Have you tried a TV in the bedroom, where the coax would be plugged straight into the signal booster?

A few things to check:

• The signal booster needs 12V DC coming from the main fuse box inside. The LED on the booster may light up even with the fuse blown. So with booster turned on, check for a blown fuse.
  • If you're trying to get the living room TV working, and haven't tried the bedroom, run a piece of COAX from the bedroom connector to the living room TV. If you can then find channels, you'll know you have a problem on the COAX run from bedroom to living room.
    • You probably have a COAX wall plate in the pass through basement storage. Behind the wall plate is a splitter. A loose connection there could keep the living room from working.
  • You'll want to check all COAX connectors: rooftop, basement, living room first. If they all look good, you'll want to carefully check the backside of the signal booster. It's easy to short the 12V on the back, blowing the fuse in the fuse box.
  • If the bedroom connection is also bad, there's a barrel connector you should check that's tucked in the ceiling above the antenna directional control.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since your TV is in a slide you should also check the barrel connector that is up under the Coroplast beneath the slide.
You will see where the coax enters the belly of your coach then remove a couple screws and look for that barrel connector.
I would suggest that you unscrew the F-connectors and be sure that there are no shielding wires touching the center signal wire.

Peace
Davew