Furrion Oven Temp trouble

Bwalls318

I cannot get my oven to heat to a specific temp (ie 375 degrees) and MAINTAIN....I have to preheat to full bore temp, then turn it down to somewhere in between what I want and higher..I cant tell if the temp gauge is just wrong, or if i am not setting it right..It lights fine...takes a bit to heat to somewhere above 300, then goes down in temp. Any ideas??

Bev

Last edited by a moderator:

RoadJunkie

Buy an oven thermometer and a pizza stone, install both and use the thermometer to determine temperatures. Pizza stone will help keep temperatures more consistent. Our stove was delivered with a square stone but I understand they are no longer available.

david-steph2018

I cannot get my oven to heat to a specific temp (ie 375 degrees) and MAINTAIN....I have to preheat to full bore temp, then turn it down to somewhere in between what I want and higher..I cant tell if the temp gauge is just wrong, or if i am not setting it right..It lights fine...takes a bit to heat to somewhere above 300, then goes down in temp. Any ideas??

Bev
Our did / does the same thing. The pizza stone helped to calm it down. Once the stone gets hot it helps to maintain the temp in the oven. Our temp gauge is like your it is off by about 25 to 50 degrees. But once we started to use the stone in there it does settle down but still off according to the knob.

Bwalls318

Thank you! I will definitely get a pizza stone...my thanksgiving was a nightmare! But I ended up using the convection microwave for most everything.

Our did / does the same thing. The pizza stone helped to calm it down. Once the stone gets hot it helps to maintain the temp in the oven. Our temp gauge is like your it is off by about 25 to 50 degrees. But once we started to use the stone in there it does settle down but still off according to the knob.

jbeletti

Before you buy the pizza stone, consider calling Furrion tomorrow and ask them about obtaining a "Cordierite Tray" for your oven. In the past, their ovens came with these. Maybe not anymore. Mine has it. Works well and you can bake pizza right on it if desired. It fits in a slot above the bottom of the oven.

I just called Furrion and they no longer supply the stone.
I was told to try Amazon or an online retailer for one.

Hockster

RickL

While the supplied stone helps (we had ovens swapped out and luckily retained our stone) the oven is still far from perfect. The temp difference you are experiencing is the same we had. The stone helps retain the heat but the temp is still off significantly, 50° most of the time.

You would think in this point point of time they (rv oven manufacturers) would have it figured out. I’m seriously considering somewhere down the road taking out both the stove top (next to impossible to get it to simmer without darn near shutting it off) and the oven. Fisher Pikel makes a 24” range the I think with minimal modification I could make fit and still look OE (absolutely the number one concern).

jbeletti

Fisher Pikel makes a 24” range the I think with minimal modification I could make fit and still look OE (absolutely the number one concern).

That's a nice looking range - link.
OR24SDMBGX2-mug-external-dp.jpg

Look's like you'll need a 23-7/8" wide opening. That could be done with some counter/cabinet reconfiguration.

The 24-5/64" depth could be an issue as I'm not sure the RV counters are that deep. Maybe it can sit on the slide roller cover.

Looks like it's shipped for natural gas but can be converted for LP.

It would be cool to see someone put this in their coach. Note too that Dean and Jodi Madison, on their last Bighorn had a dealer order and install a Dometic range that is used in the Italian market. Jodi loved it.

Bwalls318

I cook a lot, so using my oven and having one that cooks at least close to temp is a must...I think, like you, i will end up switching out my furrion for another oven and cook top. If anyone on the forum has made the swap..please post your results...it will be sooo helpful! Thank all of you that post your issues and results..we sure enjoy our cyclone and would enjoy it more if I could USE THE OVEN..:D

While the supplied stone helps (we had ovens swapped out and luckily retained our stone) the oven is still far from perfect. The temp difference you are experiencing is the same we had. The stone helps retain the heat but the temp is still off significantly, 50° most of the time.

You would think in this point point of time they (rv oven manufacturers) would have it figured out. I’m seriously considering somewhere down the road taking out both the stove top (next to impossible to get it to simmer without darn near shutting it off) and the oven. Fisher Pikel makes a 24” range the I think with minimal modification I could make fit and still look OE (absolutely the number one concern).

NYSUPstater

Why in the world would Furrion not provide a stone when new or even separate? Seems odd to me. Ours came w/ one and didn't know what the heck it was at 1st.