New Ram Diesel rating numbers.....WOW

NYSUPstater

As most have already seen or heard of Ram's new diesel ratings and have to say, it was bound to happen to get 1,000ft/lbs of torque. But not much increase in HP which is kinda confusing.

35,100 lb trailer rating and 7,000+ payload is quite impressive indeed. My problem w/ a 35,000 trailer, a 9,000 lb truck and your at the same weight as some semis are (empty) and you have to stop it somehow. Plus the semi drivers need a CDL. Too me, it's just a scary thought.

Kinda small fuel tank from what was mentioned in a video of the release of things Mon.

Really like the colors of the Longhorn leather interior.

Dmetcalf

As most have already seen or heard of Ram's new diesel ratings and have to say, it was bound to happen to get 1,000ft/lbs of torque. But not much increase in HP which is kinda confusing.

35,100 lb trailer rating and 7,000+ payload is quite impressive indeed. My problem w/ a 35,000 trailer, a 9,000 lb truck and your at the same weight as some semis are (empty) and you have to stop it somehow. Plus the semi drivers need a CDL. Too me, it's just a scary thought.

Kinda small fuel tank from what was mentioned in a video of the release of things Mon.

Really like the colors of the Longhorn leather interior.

I agree that the numbers they are claiming are pretty impressive. The Cummins motor is by design a torque monster and Cummins does have the reputation for reliability..! Not sure who makes their drive train but I’m sure it’s been tested to withstand the torque it puts out. Unfortunately for me (and only me) I’m not a Chrysler (RAM) fan even though I have to say their products have vastly improved over the years..! I like my Duramax and am pleased with the numbers it puts out but if your writing the check it’s up to you what you drive..! RAM, FORD or GM they all put out good H-D trucks today.

Lynn1130

and you have to stop it somehow.

That is the problem with most of the HD Diesel PUs mine included. It will pull just about anything but getting it stopped is another story. Thank goodness for exhaust/turbo brakes.

Dmetcalf

That is the problem with most of the HD Diesel PUs mine included. It will pull just about anything but getting it stopped is another story. Thank goodness for exhaust/turbo brakes.

Ye Sir, what a great improvement it is to have the exhaust brake available..!

wdk450

I think that the braking rating is the main reason some towable RVers have moved up to full sized semi tractors. I think that there are some aftermarket upgrades in braking for our current trucks.

Here is a website I found: https://www.powerstop.com A front and rear kit from them is about $500.