Our 2009 31BHD at Rock Cut

jbeletti

Beautiful pics KFK. I have driven through the campground at Rock Cut but have yet to camp there.

Jim

mike3fan

very nice,thanks for sharing.we shed a tear this weekend as our Sundance went into storage until May:mad:

Peteandsharon

We live about 60 miles straight east on Rt. 173. Every year, in early spring, as cabin fever drives us mad, we take a road trip up into the Rockford area. Each time we drive through Rock Cut and anounce that this year, we will come back in summer with our BH. So far, it hasn't happened but I really like that state park. Illinois Beach State Park is very close and we enjoy it there but it's nice to get out and see other Illinois state parks.

jbeletti

That's a pretty fall sight!

We also live east of Rockford off I-90 at Route 59 in Streamwood and store the unit at Lehman's near Marengo off I-90 and Route 20.

I have driven through Rock Cut and would love to stay there some weekend.

Jim

Peteandsharon

Actually, one of our most enjoyable trips was a tour de state park we took some years ago (pre Bighorn). We cut across the state to Mississippi Palisades state park. We spent a few days there enjoying the area then headed south to Lake Argyle state park. Our third stop was Pierre Marquette down south. Spending about 3-4 days in each area and then moving on was very enjoyable. We would like to do a similar trip sometime with a new set of state parks. Maybe including Rock Cut.

kampfirekid

Well, it sounds like we all may unknowingly cross paths. I live in Marengo, Jim, and know Lehmans. Peteandsharon, I work in Grayslake so I travel 173 regularly. Sixty miles east of Rockford on 173 would put you in Lake Michigan, so you must be in the Zion area?

Maybe we'll see you all soon. Unless I can get this blackwater tank drain issue figured out, I doubt we'll be camping without full hookups any time soon, though.

Peteandsharon

Winthrop Harbor, actually, but close to the lake. Fix the blackwater drain and maybe we'll hook up at Rock Cut sometime. Take care, Pete