Bighorn winter storage, slides in or out

regan

Regan
I wanted to hear from other owners on recomendations regarding winter storage. Do you store your fifth wheel with the slides in or out?

BobSue

If you go to the Lippert site and look at recommendations on the slide mechanism; they recommend storing the slides in the closed position if storing for "long" periods.

Of course I did not see a definition of "long".

Personally, if I was storing outside; I would always pull them in.

I store mine inside a closed barn. I usually have mine with living and bedroom slide half in so that I can access the closet and rear of the coach.

If I knew I wasn't using for a couple of months or more; I would pull them in.

bigredtruck

We plan on using our Cyclone about once a month all winter and will leave it with slides in, as we don't have a roof protecting it. Even with the awnings, it'll get awfully dirty. Just seems to make sense.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We don't "store" ours, as we use it all year round. But if it's going to be a month or so between trips, we'll usually clean it up the weekend following when we get home, and then run the slides in, just to keep the top cleaner and have less to clean off the roof. (We don't have slide toppers) I don't think I'd keep the slides out if you get snow where you are though.