Pocket Door coming off of hardware

Big-B

Hello,

The pocket door at the top of the steps in our 3055RL keeps coming off of the hardware. The plastic lever that is supposed to lock it in place keeps coming loose on one end of the door and it won't stay latched. Every time we pull the RV somewhere it is off when we get where we are going. Sometimes even just opening and closing it the one hanger comes loose. It's getting kind of old putting it back on and having it keep falling off. I even tried putting a strip of duct tape around it to keep it from coming unlatched and it fell off again yesterday just from opening it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian

Oldelevatorman

One end of our front closet door in our Landmark did the same thing. Every time we’d move it would be off the hanger when we’d come in after setting up. I put a tie-wrap on it and it’s been fine since. Ours isn’t a pocket door so not sure if the hanger set up is the same however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

We had the same problem with our 3055 but it was not jumping the track as you suggest it was ‘rolling” off the other end. I think there was a screw there to prevent this from happening but it either came loose or was knocked out of place by a big bump.

What I did was get drill a hole through the door frame through the door and out the other side of the frame. I had already found a “pin” so I knew the size of hole to drill.

Everytime we we moved it was on our check list to put the pin in the hole. It prevented the door from rolling back into the wall and rolling off the track and in your case would keep it from jumping up off of the track.

Not the prettiest thing I ever did to that unit but it worked!

Big-B

Thanks for the replies guys. I noticed that the screw that the door hardware hangs off of was bent a little bit. I turned it 180 degrees so it was bent in the other direction and the nylon keeper stays tight in it for now. We'll see how it goes when we are going down the road again in a couple of weeks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The two bathroom pocket doors in our rig came with plastic straps that snap around the door to hold it in the open position during transit. Granted, the one into the bedroom does not go into a pocket, so the strap snaps to the door and the wall of the bathroom. The other door is a true pocket door and the strap goes across the opening. Very little movement with the straps in place.

Big-B

The two bathroom pocket doors in our rig came with plastic straps that snap around the door to hold it in the open position during transit. Granted, the one into the bedroom does not go into a pocket, so the strap snaps to the door and the wall of the bathroom. The other door is a true pocket door and the strap goes across the opening. Very little movement with the straps in place.

Ours has a strap around it too but sometimes even with it on the hardware comes loose .