2019 - Goshen Rally - Technical Presentations

jbeletti

Pre-Rally and Rally Agenda document

We've done a major update of the Technical Presentations document

Final versions of all rally documents will be included in your printed rally packets in your rally bags. Many rally documents we feel could be helpful while you are on-site will be added to the Mobile Rally Website.

Click here to see what is being planned.

Last edited:

hankster

Jim,

The level up and the slide out technical operation is good. Also how to operate in case of a automatic failure is great.

The manual operation of the awning is a must.

Dexter axle maintenance is always good.

Nick Hanck

jbeletti

Thanks Nick. I have a few other items to add to the list, but if you can think of anything else that would be nice to cover, please reply with those ideas. Same goes for anyone reading this. We can't add everything but everything given to us will be considered.

jbeletti

Re: 2019 - Goshen Rally - Lifestyle Presentations

50 amp breakers or 80 amp breakers

Hi Evans - hope you get the crops out soon enough to join us this year :)

Say - your topic is good and let's plan to ask Lippert about that at the LevelUp session. Note too that the 3 LCI sessions will likely be done off-site / semi-hands-on at one of their Goshen shops. Details still being worked on with them.

jbeletti

What about asking Norcold to do a Gas Absorption Refrigerator presentation with a focus on usage and maintenance?

jbeletti

What about asking Furrion to speak about their gas range with a focus on: lighting burner and setting / maintaining temperature? And then also, on their backup cameras with a focus on: Installation and model differences.

Last edited:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
What about asking Norcold to do a Gas Absorption Refrigerator presentation with a focus on usage and maintenance?

A “How to” on adding additional cooling fans to a gas absorption fridge seems to come up a lot on the forum. And is on my to do list.

jbeletti

A “How to” on adding additional cooling fans to a gas absorption fridge seems to come up a lot on the forum. And is on my to do list.

Hi Jamie,

I think this sort of thing would be outside of what a refer mfr would do.

To all prospective rally attendees: Have you done this mod and would consider doing a 30 minute How-To presentation?

pday1213

Jim,
A session on RV Electrical and what the Landmarks come with (Transfer Switch) and how to add Hard Wired Surge Protection. Also, how the Multi-Plex electric distribution works and how to add/change connections; How the Power Control System works that was installed in our Landmark. The other topics, especially roof maintenance and repairs covers what I would be looking for. Thanks, Phil

david-steph2018

How about something on satellite hook ups and service available ?
How about something on internet and such for full timers on the road ?
How about available mail service available for full timers?

violinini1

Jim,
Will #'s 18 and 25 be talking about fresh water pump solutions and/or ways to make them quieter? If not, can we add?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
RV Solar - could be a group of us(if there are others like me attending) that have solar describing setup of what/how we use solar on our RVs

jbeletti

RV Solar - could be a group of us(if there are others like me attending) that have solar describing setup of what/how we use solar on our RVs

Yes! We will have "something".

Planned:
Lifestyle: Boondocking (that will have a solar element to it) - followed by...
Technical: Battle Born Batteries (solar explanation - product sales)

I'd like to suggest a presentation on inverters/converters, options and installs, for those of us that don't have a residential refrigerator.
I'm primarily interested in what I would do to add a power source while dry docking, being at a rest area etc.
Enough to power a television, fan or microwave etc.
Thanks, I'm not sure if all that will be covered in the residential refrigerator presentation.

pegmikef

I'd like to suggest a presentation on inverters/converters, options and installs, for those of us that don't have a residential refrigerator.
I'm primarily interested in what I would do to add a power source while dry docking, being at a rest area etc.
Enough to power a television, fan or microwave etc.
Thanks, I'm not sure if all that will be covered in the residential refrigerator presentation.

I know this is in the tools section, but it might be useful to have a short presentation on converters, their electrical paths, diagnosing problems, and the relationship of the resettable DC circuit breaker controlling its output to the batteries. (I am on my third converter in my LM and had to actually read the documentation and chat with Progressive Service Techs regarding diagnosing the converter to get mine replaced).