2019 - Goshen Rally - Lifestyle Presentations

Toccoatravelers

Lifestyle Presentations Program

Hello Heartanders,

My name is Patti Lester and I will be your 2019 Goshen Rally Lifestyle Presentations Program Coordinator.

In this role, I will be responsible for the following:
  • Seeking out topics and presenters
  • Creating the overall presentations schedule
  • Seeking out, training and managing a small team of seminar starters
  • Setting up rooms/areas for the presentations
My team will be responsible for the following:
  • Locating and greeting our presenters
  • Assisting our presenters with getting their audio (mics/speakers/EQ) and video (projectors/screens) installed and activatedj
  • Starting presentations by introducing the topic and the presenter
  • Handing out door prize tickets for any door prize sessions
  • Doing and recording a final / high head-count
  • Managing the door prize draw process
  • Keeping the presenters on-time
  • Clearing the presenters and either starting the next presentation or handing off to next starter
Presentation Schedule
Presentations are planned to be held everyday, Monday, June 10 through Thursday, June 13. Dates, times and locations will be announced at a later date, with the publication of the Lifestyle Presentations Schedule

Please note that The following sessions DO REQUIRE PRE-Registration

Deadline Extended! Register today

I'm excited to announce some of our Lifestyle Presentations. Please note that these sessions will require pre-registration and a small fee to be paid on the day of the session. The deadline to pre-register will be listed by each session

Heartland Rocks-this session will include decorative rock painting and a special introduction to our newest Facebook page of the same name. Participants will paint their rock with designs of their own choosing; possibly reflective of their home state. Then they will hide the rocks in the hope that someone will find them and link their find back to our FB Page. This session can also be replicated in your local chapter so that Heartlanders Rocks can be found all over the US and Canada. Come have fun with us as we ROCK North America! Kids ages 12+ May also participate with parental supervision. Session limited to 25 persons
Date: Monday, June 10 10:00 am
Cost: $5.00 cash on day of session
Reply to this thread to register DEADLINE MAY 20

Wineglass Painting- Want to get your creative juices flowing? Join us for a session to create your very own personalized wine glass. All supplies and glass are provided. Session limited to 25 persons Just added, if you don't drink wine, you can do a vase instead, please note vase or wineglass when you reply!
Date: Tuesday, June 11 10:00 am
Cost: $8.00 cash on day of session
Reply to this thread to register
DEADLINE MAY 20

Introduction to Essential Oils- Join us for a fun session presented by HOC member Arlene Cherry as you learn the benefits of essential oils.
Date: Monday, June 10 1:00 PM
Cost:$5 cash on day of session

Reply to this thread to register DEADLINE MAY 30

Create your Own Handmade Greeting Cards- HOC Member Nancy Anderson will present a class to make 2 special handmade greeting cards
Date: Monday, June 10 2:45 PM
Cost:$5 cash on day of session

Reply to this thread to register DEADLINE MAY 30

SkyMed a special travelers insurance program will have 2 presentations during rally week, if you can't make one then please go to the other. SkyMed Ambassadors Paul and Carolyn Kees will have a special treat at each presentation, but you must sign up!
Dates: Wednesday, June 12 10:30 AM Appetizer Brunch or Thursday, June 13 1:00 PM Gourmet Ice Cream Treat
No charge for the presentation
Reply to this thread to Register DEADLINE JUNE 7

Our "Ideas"
Here's what we're "considering" thus far:
  • Wine Glass painting
  • Handmade Greeting Card creations
  • Wake-up Workout
  • Pole Trekking
  • Discount Camping groups overview
  • Cooking with your Instant Pot
  • Essential Oils

• “Heartland Rocks”

• Full-time RVing.....is this for us?
  • Boondocking
  • RV Interiors
  • Full-time RV tips
Your Ideas
What are you thinking? What Lifestyle Presentation would you like to see?

Click here to view the Lifestyle Presentations Schedule

Last edited:

JJnVA

Hi Patti,
You are the Perfect person to be coordinating the Lifestyle sessions!

I want to suggest getting one of the many experienced InstaPot users to share tips and recipes with us. Would be great to have someone start the session with the how-to’s, talk about its different features, then open up for participants to share tips and recipes.

Thanks Patti! Looking forward to seeing you & Steve in June.
J

david-steph2018

Lifestyles topics would they include areas such as: mail services, driver licenses, what type of campground memberships are available and what type of discount services could be available. Just asking since this will be our first national rally.

Toccoatravelers

Hello fellow Heartlanders!
As you may have heard I am coordinating the Lifestyle Presentations this year and wanted to touch base with as many folks as possible who will be attending this years National Rally in Goshen.
Do you have a special talent that you want to share with you HL friends? Is there something special that you would like to take part in while you are in Goshen, now is the time to let us know! Planning has begun, so don’t delay. I look forward to hearing from you!

Patti

Toccoatravelers

Lifestyles topics would they include areas such as: mail services, driver licenses, what type of campground memberships are available and what type of discount services could be available. Just asking since this will be our first national rally.
Thanks for your question, we will try to address some of these areas as a part of an overall broader topic as well as many other fun and engaging seminars. I’ll be posting some of the topics the next couple of days, we will also be having a series of Technical Presentations that you may also wish to look at. Lots more info to come!

Toccoatravelers

Good Morning Heartlanders,
I’ve added a few of the sessions we are considering, let me know what you think and if you have some ideas or some talents you would like to share. Can’t wait to hear from you!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hi everyone! I'm on board to do a seminar on Electric Pressure Cookers....like the Instant Pot...again. We had fun back in 2017...lets do it again!

I looking into sharing (and demo-ing) some new recipes with y'all! I'll most likely be asking if any of you would be willing to lend your IP to be used for demonstration...and possibly even yourself. Don't be shy...

Are there any areas that you'd like me to address?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Toccoatravelers

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks so much Kelly, I will have my IP there if you need to use it! I know folks will enjoy your seminar. You do a great job! ����
Hi everyone! I'm on board to do a seminar on Electric Pressure Cookers....like the Instant Pot...again. We had fun back in 2017...lets do it again!

I looking into sharing (and demo-ing) some new recipes with y'all! I'll most likely be asking if any of you would be willing to lend your IP to be used for demonstration...and possibly even yourself. Don't be shy...

Are there any areas that you'd like me to address?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Kathi-27

patti kathi said if you need any help at goshen to let her know. Will be in goshen at morryde on the afternoon of the 2 of june to have is installed june 3-4. Can come over to help if needed.

Toccoatravelers

Great, thank Ron, if you can please ask Kathi to private message me her travel number, I’m sure I will need help!
patti kathi said if you need any help at goshen to let her know. Will be in goshen at morryde on the afternoon of the 2 of june to have is installed june 3-4. Can come over to help if needed.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Pattti, I have seen that there are painting on canvas at some rallies. Hopefully you can find someone to teach a class..

Toccoatravelers

Good Morning Heartlanders!

If you are planning to attend the 2019 Heartland National Rally, I hope you got registered this past Friday. I think there are only about 25 or so spaces left, so be sure to tell all your HOC friends!

I've got a couple of exciting updates to our Lifestyle Presentations Offerings!!

This year we are offering a brand new session called "Heartland Rocks", now we all know our Heartland Owners Club rocks but here is a new way to tell everyone just one of the many ways we rock! "Heartland Rocks" is a new idea where our members paint beautiful designs, scenes or whatever they wish onto an actual rock. On the rock will be a link to our own "Heartland Rocks" Facebook page. Once the rock or rocks are completed then you will hide your rock (but not too hidden) somewhere around where you travel, then hope that someone will find your rock and go to our Facebook page to let us know they found the rock and where they might be hiding it. Can you imagine Heartland rocks all over the USA and Canada! If you want a sneak preview of how it works check out the "Goshen Rocks" Facebook page. Our HOC page will preview at the National Rally.

We are also going to have a NEW Instant Pot session with our very own Instant Pot guru, Kelly Barnett, she will be cooking up some new ideas for what we can do with our Instant Pot.

There will also be an introduction seminar to Essential Oils by HOC member Arlene Cherry......she'll be coming all the way from Canada to the National Rally!

Also new this year we will be having a session on Wine Glass painting. This will be a make and take session. Your special glass will be cured and ready to sip some of your favorite wines by the end of the rally.

Keep watching the forum, this is just a sampling of the fun things we have in store for you this year. As always, I would love to get some feedback from you. If you have a hidden talent that you'd like to share, please let me know.

Happy Trails!........Until next time Heartlanders!

Patti

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW Patti - great job. I just took a glass painting class and it was a blast. Can't wait to sign up for it.

Love the Heartland Rock idea. Yes - it will be fun to find HL Rocks across the country.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Good Morning Heartlanders!

I've got a couple of exciting updates to our Lifestyle Presentations Offerings!!

This year we are offering a brand new session called "Heartland Rocks", now we all know our Heartland Owners Club rocks but here is a new way to tell everyone just one of the many ways we rock! "Heartland Rocks" is a new idea where our members paint beautiful designs, scenes or whatever they wish onto an actual rock. On the rock will be a link to our own "Heartland Rocks" Facebook page. Once the rock or rocks are completed then you will hide your rock (but not too hidden) somewhere around where you travel, then hope that someone will find your rock and go to our Facebook page to let us know they found the rock and where they might be hiding it. Can you imagine Heartland rocks all over the USA and Canada! If you want a sneak preview of how it works check out the "Goshen Rocks" Facebook page. Our HOC page will preview at the National Rally.

Patti

So as I was reading this and thought that it was a pretty cool idea so I came up with a quick logo. Maybe some of you might have some other thoughts on the logo, if you do please let me know.
Heartland Rocks.jpg

Attachments

• Heartland Rocks.jpg
    Heartland Rocks.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 16

GETnBYE

So as I was reading this and thought that it was a pretty cool idea so I came up with a quick logo. Maybe some of you might have some other thoughts on the logo, if you do please let me know.
View attachment 60942

I am not good at hand lettering and saw where the Facebook page would be written on the back of the painted rocks. So my question for Mark is, can you make a very small vinyl sticker “stencil” that we could put on the back and remove after filling in the letters with paint to leave a link on our rocks? Possibly just a plastic stencil material if you have that type material, that could be reused over and over.

Toccoatravelers

I am not good at hand lettering and saw where the Facebook page would be written on the back of the painted rocks. So my question for Mark is, can you make a very small vinyl sticker “stencil” that we could put on the back and remove after filling in the letters with paint to leave a link on our rocks? Possibly just a plastic stencil material if you have that type material, that could be reused over and over.
Love the ideas! We’ll have to talk more!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 60942
The logo is too cool, we’ll talk some more Mark.
Thanks,
Patti

Suekeetch

I would love to know how people record their travels. We travel full time but I am not accomplished enough to set up an on line record. I would love suggestions. Diaries, photographs, any and all suggestions are welcome.

LBR

I would love to know how people record their travels. We travel full time but I am not accomplished enough to set up an on line record. I would love suggestions. Diaries, photographs, any and all suggestions are welcome.
Calendar in your phone for day in/day out/travels/etc. With turning on location in your settings, all photos can also be geo-tagged to correlate to the calendar locations.

Toccoatravelers

That’s a great point Sue, I’m sure someone would like to share that kind of info!