Waterproof Autoformer??????

plshilo

We just purchased an autoformer and Company said to put in box to keep it dry & out of rain. So my question is what type of box or container is everyone using or not using to keep it out of the weather?????? Thanks.....

porthole

Retired
I use a marine battery box, see picture below.
I don't recall the size offhand, but it is big enough for the Autoformer with room to coil up the cord and one of the yellow stacking "lego blocks"
I do not use the top cap.

Works good for carrying and storing the Autoformer and when I use it I put the Autoformer on the the yellow lego block and then cover it with the battery box.

battery_box.jpg

plshilo

I use a marine battery box, see picture below.
I don't recall the size offhand, but it is big enough for the Autoformer with room to coil up the cord and one of the yellow stacking "lego blocks"
I do not use the top cap.

Works good for carrying and storing the Autoformer and when I use it I put the Autoformer on the the yellow lego block and then cover it with the battery box.

View attachment 60449

Thanks for the idea, thinking I still may try and find a container and make slots for the cables.....

eddylives

We have a permanent site and all I do is place the autoformer on top of a piece of plywood and then place a plastic tote over top of it to protect it from the elements. I also try to leave an air gap to allow any heat generated by the autoformer to escape