Landmark EMS Systems

CDN

B and B
Hello,

Does the energy management system provide full protection the same as a Progressive EMS System? Reverse polarity, low voltage and compressor delay?

Thank you

Brian

Found the information I needed in the well written Landmark user guide posted on this site. Looks like I still need the progressive EMS

Thank you

Brian

Last edited:

danemayer

Brian,

The Precision Control System (PCS)(energy management) provides NO protection except to shed loads when you turn on more electrical loads than the pedestal can supply. However, in addition to the PCS, the transfer switch that has been standard on LM365 is a combination transfer switch and electrical management system (EMS) that provides some protection against electrical issues such as over/under voltage, surges, and perhaps other problems.

Pages 14-18 of our owner-written Electrical User Guide explain the PCS and EMS roles. Here's a link to the combination transfer switch/surge protector that I think Heartland uses on LM365. The spec sheet describes the protection provided.

CDN

B and B
Brian,

The Precision Control System (PCS)(energy management) provides NO protection except to shed loads when you turn on more electrical loads than the pedestal can supply. However, in addition to the PCS, the transfer switch that has been standard on LM365 is a combination transfer switch and electrical management system (EMS) that provides some protection against electrical issues such as over/under voltage, surges, and perhaps other problems.

Pages 14-18 of our owner-written Electrical User Guide explain the PCS and EMS roles. Here's a link to the combination transfer switch/surge protector that I think Heartland uses on LM365. The spec sheet describes the protection provided.

Thank you Dan. If we deal on the Landmark I will be taking my Progressive with me. I like the remote display and fault messages.

Bran