King Omnigo Portable HDTY antenna.

campfire7

I have recently purchased the King Omnigo antenna ( it is mounted on a tripod outside on the ground ) to improve on the amount of tv channels that I receive. But after following the instructions ( which where very vague ) And trying all of the options that I could think of, I cant get it to work. I am hoping someone on here may have the same antenna and can offer some assistance.

danemayer

Can you describe where the signal coming out of the power injector is plugged into the RV?

Have you tried plugging it directly into the TV?

campfire7

Can you describe where the signal coming out of the power injector is plugged into the RV?

Have you tried plugging it directly into the TV?

The antenna is on a tripod outside the camper, run coax from ant. to the "cable" port on the outside of camper , on the inside, I ran a coax from the cable box on the wall to the power injector that came with the antenna and then the power injector is connected to the tv. also I have the A/C power cord connected to the injector as well .

pegmikef

The antenna is on a tripod outside the camper, run coax from ant. to the "cable" port on the outside of camper , on the inside, I ran a coax from the cable box on the wall to the power injector that came with the antenna and then the power injector is connected to the tv. also I have the A/C power cord connected to the injector as well .

I think Dan means to bypass the trailer coax connectors and connect the antenna directly to the power injector and the power injector to the TV. That way you can eliminate a trailer wiring problem.

danemayer

The power from the injector may not be able to get through the signal booster and on to the antenna. Move the injector to the Universal Docking Center (UDC).

If you still have problems, you'll want to want to verify the King equipment. You can bypass all of the trailer wiring and plug the coax directly into the TV.

Lou_and_Bette

Hooked to Cable connection in UDC, try turn antenna booster on and off to see if one or the other passes the signal. I have a large outside house type antenna mounted on a pole outside our rig at our winter location and connect at the cable port in the UDC. I can’t remember which way I have to set the antenna booster but one way works and the other doesn’t. My outside antenna is amplified and, if I understand what I have read, you can “over amplify” the system if both amplifiers are in the system. This renders the signal inoperative so I have to turn one of the amplifier systems off just not sure which one worked for me since I haven’t changed it since I got it up and running several years ago.

wdk450

I took special note of the HDTV antenna being on a tripod on the ground. You know that higher is better in receiving a line-of sight UHF (that is the part of the RF spectrum where the HDTV signals are) signal. If your antenna is near the ground, no amount of amplification will bring up that missing signal.

See: http://otadtv.com/factors/index.html