Hafler AVR 6000

Taz Devil

I currently have a Coby DVD-925C and started having problems with it. I called the my dealer and they were very quick in making contact with Heartland, to have them send me a new unit. the unit they sent me is totally different from the Coby unit. It is a Hafler AVR-6000. The main question I have is the Coby requires the 5.1 channel speakers to 6 ohms and the SW to be 8 ohms. Now the Hafler SW/Cen requires them to be 6 ohms and the SR/FR/SL/FL to be 4 ohms. Can the original speakers that came with the Coby system work with the Hafler system or do they need to be replaced also? Also has anybody ever hear of this type of system and are they any good?:confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It's my belief that you can use your existing speakers without any problems. With these entry level surround systems you probably won't notice any difference. I've used the Zenith speakers from the factory in our Bighorn with a Toshiba receiver. I never bothered to check impedance. I think with High dollar, high power systems there would be a concern but not at our level.

Taz Devil

Thanks Guy for you input. I just didn't want to connet them and blow a speaker or have a problem with them.

Jimtoo, do you have the same system and how do you like it compared to the Coby?

Thanks Kevin

jimtoo

My Coby system was getting very hot and locking when a dvd was playing. The new system is good, not much heat and plays dvd's without stopping. We are not big into sound systems, so as far as quality of sound, I am not a good judge.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I also just received a AVR-6000 to replace my Colby. I will let you know if I have any problem with it.. Thanks for the thread, I was wondering if anyone else got the same replacement system.