F350 Dually

kbausano

Those that have recent model Ford DRW’s (Platinum models, in particular): how do you perceive your current resale value, if you were to sell now? We are possibly going to have to upgrade our current 2008, or consider going in another direction RV-wise. And we’re wondering what you think the ‘damage’ might be if we bought new, and turned around and sold in 1-2 years?

We see very few low mileage used models online, and are trying to figure out if that means they are in great demand, or simply a small market for them. Ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sengli

I know we swapped tow vehicles a while ago, and were amazed at the resale/ trade value, trucks maintain compared to cars.

Bearing in mind though you need to buy them right, otherwise you will loose more after a few years.

pegmikef

I traded my 2013 F350 King Ranch dually that I acquired in May 2013 in on a 2017 King Ranch Dually in December 2017 for 40K. I gotta say though, be careful as we had already established the purchase price which was really good because I had used the X plan (about 8K off) and technically the truck was a model year old (worth about 10K off), but the appraiser came back with 37K (I had already decided I would take 40K after reading some of the trade in values). I basically had to work the price up so I told them I wanted 40K or the deal was off. I also said I really didn't care how they did it (raise the trade in value or drop the selling price by 3k). They raised the trade in value. I think they already had a buyer as two days later it was gone. This is San Angelo, TX and used Diesels under a 100K are very rare (mine had just a little over 75). Note if you finance through Ford, they will knock off 1 to 1.5K. I always do that and after 3 months either pay it off or move the load to my CU which has 1.9%.

Fox

A dealer transaction will generally cost you the most money (overhead, commissions, etc); a private transaction MAY improve your total $ spent.
Some (many) private sellers see those published dealer asking prices (which ARE negotiable) and try to emulate them.

The trick is to find a seller (both dealer or private) willing to negotiate something agreeable to both parties.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Those that have recent model Ford DRW’s (Platinum models, in particular): how do you perceive your current resale value, if you were to sell now? We are possibly going to have to upgrade our current 2008, or consider going in another direction RV-wise. And we’re wondering what you think the ‘damage’ might be if we bought new, and turned around and sold in 1-2 years?

We see very few low mileage used models online, and are trying to figure out if that means they are in great demand, or simply a small market for them. Ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Search Cargurus in Kentucky area. DRW with low mileage are everywhere. I think those horse farms out there like a new vehicle every year.

genep777

I traded my 2013 F350 King Ranch dually that I acquired in May 2013 in on a 2017 King Ranch Dually in December 2017 for 40K. I gotta say though, be careful as we had already established the purchase price which was really good because I had used the X plan (about 8K off) and technically the truck was a model year old (worth about 10K off), but the appraiser came back with 37K (I had already decided I would take 40K after reading some of the trade in values). I basically had to work the price up so I told them I wanted 40K or the deal was off. I also said I really didn't care how they did it (raise the trade in value or drop the selling price by 3k). They raised the trade in value. I think they already had a buyer as two days later it was gone. This is San Angelo, TX and used Diesels under a 100K are very rare (mine had just a little over 75). Note if you finance through Ford, they will knock off 1 to 1.5K. I always do that and after 3 months either pay it off or move the load to my CU which has 1.9%.

Hi Mike,
I also bought 2019 Landmark from T&S in Navasota. Great experience.
Would you tell me the Credit Union name that has 1.9% rate? Thank you, Donald Peters

pegmikef

Hi Mike,
I also bought 2019 Landmark from T&S in Navasota. Great experience.
Would you tell me the Credit Union name that has 1.9% rate? Thank you, Donald Peters

Sure. It is the First Community Federal Credit Union in San Angelo, TX. It was formally the Goodfellow AFB Federal Credit Union, but when there was a chance that the base was going to close, they moved downtown and opened to the public. It is actually 1.99 percent and only on noncommercial auto/truck loans up to and including 1 ton capacity. Here's the link.

https://1cfcu.org/autos/

Last edited:

genep777

Sure. It is the First Community Federal Credit Union in San Angelo, TX. It was formally the Goodfellow AFB Federal Credit Union, but when there was a chance that the base was going to close, they moved downtown and opened to the public. It is actually 1.99 percent and only on noncommercial auto/truck loads up to and including 1 ton capacity. Here's the link.

https://1cfcu.org/autos/

Thank you Mike!