Adding an outlet to garage

Hi all, I have a 50 amp Shore/Generator toy hauler with only one A/C unit and will never need a second unit. The A/C unit is in the main part of the trailer and I was wondering if Heartland does a A/C prep somewhere else? I would suspect the second unit would be prepped into the front bedroom area rather than the garage area if there is one. Now if I do want to add 20 amp receptacle to the garage , do I get that power from an unused breaker or is there going to be a junction box where the additional A/C unit would have been added like in the front bedroom?

2009 Heartland Cyclone 3010 TT Toyhauler

porthole

Retired
Hi all, I have a 50 amp Shore/Generator toy hauler with only one A/C unit and will never need a second unit. The A/C unit is in the main part of the trailer and I was wondering if Heartland does a A/C prep somewhere else? I would suspect the second unit would be prepped into the front bedroom area rather than the garage area if there is one. Now if I do want to add 20 amp receptacle to the garage , do I get that power from an unused breaker or is there going to be a junction box where the additional A/C unit would have been added like in the front bedroom?

2009 Heartland Cyclone 3010 TT Toyhauler

Main AC in the living room, 2nd AC in the front bedroom, 3rd AC if equipped would be in the garage.

If you look at the panel you may have blank spaces to add breakers. On our 2010 3010 I added two 20 amp circuits to the garage. Even if yo do't physically have the room in the panel you may be able to add dual or double breakers.

If you add only one 20 amp circuit I would add it the the L1 or L2 side of the panel that is not used by your more frequent use of heavier loads, meaning balance the panel out load wise.

With the toy hauler it was fairly east to run new romex.
Since the bottom of the garage is not covered in corroplast I just pushed through grey PVC pipe from the garage area up to the area where I pulled the wire up to the panel box.
I used all grey PVC up through the floor and then used the surface mount box.

- - - Updated - - -

So looking through my notes, I added a total of 3 outlet sin the garage on two separate circuits. Left and rights side walls and the front wall by the door.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=329212&viewfull=1#post329212

I also added an outlet at the entertainment center so I could run a portable heater without tripping over extension cords.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=99923&viewfull=1#post99923

Thanks porthole, when the deep freeze ends here I will have to do some exploring. Being that I only have the one A/C unit I should have lots of room for breakers. Might even find it roughed in already.