Hood vent fan

KyleC

Hey guys/gals. I'm having some trouble with my Hood vent fan. I have a prowler 25lx.

The light works but the fan doesn't. Are they connected to the same circuit?

Any advice would be great. I have about two weeks to fix it till our next journey

Kyle

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your vent hood is most likely 12 volt if it is not part of a microwave over the stove, so I would check the wiring to the switch and the fan motor.
Can't say for certain if the light and fan have the same source but they most likely do.

Peace
Dave

WillyBill

Light is more than likely 110 Volt. It's 110 V even on my 2011 Cyclone and so is fan. So ALL Microwave functions depend on 110 V.

WB

KyleC

Okay after dismantling the hood vent, I found that the heat fuse was bad.. I took the motor out and tested it with my battery. And it worked fine both directions, switching polarity. I called ventline and ordered a new motor since they don't sell just the fused wire. But looking over the details from etrailer it appears the neutral wire doesn't have the fuse in it?

Is there anywhere to buy this style fuse? is it something that I'm supposed to buy extra and splice myself?

Kyle

'Lil Guy'

If you are talking of a inline thermal fusse, you can get them and dwire them in. Not sure of your application here.

KyleC

Yes thermal fuse is bad I think. When installed both sides lit up on the test light but nothing after the fuse.

So I'm assuming it wasn't grounding properly. Where can I pick up one of these fuses?
6c6299d6c7f83f1ad5c6a8a73afb5846.jpg
7cb43e3aa025903c2f9ea9153b428268.jpg

Kyle

wdk450

Are there any numbers on the fuse?
Ebay has several that you might want to look at.

Peace
Dave

Just stick those part numbers printed on the fuse into a Websearch (Google) to get sources and specs. The trip temperature is probably coded into the part number.

These devices seem to be kind of fragile and often go bad without significant heat normally required to trip them open. They are a fire safety mandate to cut off the fan in case of a stovetop fire.

KyleC

Thanks. I will see what the rep says about what is in my box they shipped and I will look into finding the fuse if it doesn't come with one!

Kyle

KyleC

Well the new motor came in with an inline fuse installed. I will put this in tonight that report back!
c89d09a02604c3c282e5ed25e196759a.jpg

Kyle

KyleC

Thank you for all your help I have a vent again! After checking that I realized it wasn't blowing out very well....six months into owning my camper and I just realized there's a lock on the vent flap on the outside of the camper!!! Hahaha ooops! Works even better when you open the vent!

Kyle

clark261

RV range hood vent is more on the expensive side, but the features that come with it are worth every penny. This range hood uses charcoal filters to filter out the smell of cooking and runs on a 12V system. Additionally, there are separate switches for the fan and light.

Hey guys/gals. I'm having some trouble with my Hood vent fan. I have a prowler 25lx.

The light works but the fan doesn't. Are they connected to the same circuit?

Any advice would be great. I have about two weeks to fix it till our next journey

Kyle
I just had to also replace the 12 v fan motor depending on which one it is the D shaped shaft or knurled. They are like 15 and 38 dollars respectfully on amazon very easy to change