Fresh water hookup mod.

jnutt

CF57BED6-5EDB-4CA6-A4D2-9CA4DCCF11B4.jpg
After hooking up the fresh water the first time I have been afraid of breaking off the fitting. I think I’ve cured it.

parts used:
2 1/2” aluminum angle
3/4” bulkhead fitting
1/2” apex non kinking hose
1/2” barbed male to male splice
two hose clamps.
pressure regulator
quick disconnect fittings

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nice Mod. I like your bracket...
Here is what I did, It is permanently mounted and has incoming and out going pressure gauges. You can see what park presser is and what your regulated presser is.
On your yours you could add a 45 degree elbow on the gauge to make it easier to see.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=506459&viewfull=1#post506459

ed6bdda397bdddeedabf97136778d224.jpg

avvidclif

Looks good except I prefer to have the regulator at the CG faucet to protect the hose and water filters. I've seen hoses that on hot days look like an overstuffed sausage.

sengli

I do something very similar. The one comment on putting the regulator on the CG faucet is a winner, but several people have had their expensive regulators, stolen while they were out for the day. Having inside the UDC compartment is a lot safer.

Outa sight outa the thieves grasp!

avvidclif

I do something very similar. The one comment on putting the regulator on the CG faucet is a winner, but several people have had their expensive regulators, stolen while they were out for the day. Having inside the UDC compartment is a lot safer.

Internet rumor or fact? Has anyone on here ever had their regulator stolen? Not heard about, that doesn't count.

NYSUPstater

Internet rumor or fact? Has anyone on here ever had their regulator stolen? Not heard about, that doesn't count.[/QUOTEGuess you can call me El Cheapo for all I've ever used is the Camco pressure reducer that attaches to CG spigot. Never have had any problems or it stolen. Filter is inside UDC but also have never locked the basement doors once we arrive at CG either.

ONLY thing I will lock up is the PI surge protector. Which it's hard to do on some CG posts.

SNOKING

ONLY thing I will lock up is the PI surge protector. Which it's hard to do on some CG posts.

That is one of the many reasons that a hardwired one install in the trailer is much better. Others are more projection from issues with the power cord, inlet connection, power reel if you have one, ability to have a remote panel inside the coach(top of panel). ON and ON.

Attachments

• IMG_20160524_100821722.jpg
    IMG_20160524_100821722.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Can’t say I’ve personally stood face to face with another that has said they’ve been a victim of theft while in a CG or park in my 45 plus years of adult life camping in every way imaginable in North America.
Although I’ve alerted a few to items they were about to leave behind and have also seen a couple of those expensive pressure gauges left behind on the hydrant upon arrival.
I have one, it stays in the UDC cause I’d likely be one to drive off without it. LOL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

At one campground we were at, there was a large five gallon bucket full of pressure regulators. Most of them the cheep ones, but a couple of good ones. They were left attached to the parks water valves.

Oregon_Camper

Here is what I did, It is permanently mounted and has incoming and out going pressure gauges. You can see what park presser is and what your regulated presser is.
On your yours you could add a 45 degree elbow on the gauge to make it easier to see.

You taking orders? Where do I send my money $$$$ ???? :cool:

wdk450

Coming from the male hose end I use:
1. An inline shutoff valve like this (saves running to the faucet all the time)hose shutoff.jpg

2. A Female/Male quick connect pair (saves unthreading the hose connections frequently) Hose quick connects.jpg

3. A flexible hose protector (reduces stress on the trailer water fitting - it broke once) flexible_hose_protector_613301.jpg

4. A Right angle hose adapter (also reduces stress on trailer water connector) rt angle hose adapter.jpeg

mlpeloquin

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=506459&viewfull=1#post506459

ed6bdda397bdddeedabf97136778d224.jpg

This is very nice, but you still need at least a cheep pressure regulator for the few parks that have 120 to 200psi. I have been at two this past trip that warned that the pressure is 150psi and will break you hose. Only one last time we went across the country.

I had my whole hose stolen at Pismo Coast Village one trip. I guess someone needed a hose worse than I did.

Just another solution to the plumbing here.

Attachments

• 94650CB9-E948-42EA-B38E-26C30AA11326.jpg
    94650CB9-E948-42EA-B38E-26C30AA11326.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 197

MTPockets

Nice & neat mod. We always used a 3ft. Piece of hose which was left on all the time... quick & easy with a quick disconnect coupling.

SLO

Pressure regulator at faucet is all that’s needed, and maybe an in-line filter. Mods are fun, that’swhy we do them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: