Mounting a TV in the Sundance 3200ES

My dealer has just mounted a 27" widescreen TV in my Sundance 5th wheel, the problem is it apears that the first time I hit a bump the TV will be on the floor, mounting bracket and all. Are there any other Sundance 3200ES owners out there that has had a TV wall mounted in it's alotted space in the rear portion of the trailer above the fireplace? Any problems?

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We put a 32" Vizio in the space above where you have a fireplace. It does not move when traveling. It was tight getting it in and I may never get it out again.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Our LR tv is mounted using a swing-out bracket. At the top and bottom of the cabinet are 2 halves of a nylon strap with a buckle that fastens across the front of the TV. This keeps the TV from swinging out in travel. When we mounted the bedroom TV in it's cabinet space, we made the same type of strap at the front of the opening and use it so we don't have to take the TV down when we travel.
Something like that may give you piece of mind. The buckles and nylon strap are readily available at any fabric store. Some very minor sewing to fasten the buckle ends and a couple minutes install.

Hard2find

How did you mount the bracket that holds the swing arm ? Which wall did you mount the bracket on and how did you support the bracket

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Ours came with a factory mounted swing out bracket. There are a couple early posts here on the foum that show how to mount a backer board across the wall studs to mount a swing out bracket. Our bracket mounts to the side wall of the cabinet. Look at pics of the BH 3370 in the HL galleries. It might be applicable to your install. If not, Sears has a pretty good selection of brackets in varying weight ranges. I think I would still add a strap across the front. Our trailer is at the shop, so I can't take pics right now.