Has anyone seen this happen to siding before??

Brock444

I own a 2015 Heartland Silverado 37’ fifth wheel. The camper has been stored indoors it’s whole life except the last 4 months. Today I went by to check on the Rv and noticed this patch of small holes in the fiberglass siding? Don’t see any bubbling delamination but obviously somthing is going on. Can anyone give me advise on what might have caused this and what to do to remedy? This camper is in like new condition and I’m almost sick about it. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
view

danemayer

Hi Brock444,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It would help to see some pictures, but it'll take a few more posts from you before the forum software will allow you to post a picture. In the meantime, if you post them to a location like Google drive, or another free photo site, you can link to them.

'Lil Guy'

Just post back on this site and say hi, get back to you. do that a few times and you should be able to post a pic. Are they just pin holes are larger? Could it be vandalism or something hitting the side? Even dwith delamination, I can't see how it would just get holes punctured in it. Like Dan said, post some pics.
If the holes are going through the sidewall, I would put some kind of tape to cover until you fix it. Is it outdoors on a lot and is it cvered?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Water getting behind the fiberglass can cause small bb sized holes to form in the fiberglass exterior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brock444

They are water spots but from what I can tell it’s from where water dropped down from the damaged spot not a new place that’s about to crack again. It’s so weird

HOOKERUP

When I enlarged photo it appears to have two streaks running down to the holes.It does look like water damage.Looks the same way a car used to rust out,test it with a moisture meter.

mlpeloquin

If it is water, you need it to dry out and find the source of the water intrusion. It must be dried out prior to fixing the fiberglass, or the trapped water will delaminate and bubble the side. Much harder and more expensive to fix.