Welcome back light is flashing vigorously, whether door is open or closed.

My 2014 Bighorn Welcome Back light is flashing vigorously, whether the door is open or closed. If we turn the switch on, it stays on, and quits flashing, but in the "welcome back" mode, it flashes brightly and constantly. Please advise.

danemayer

Hi Gregory,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The welcome back light consists of a magnet on the bottom of the entry door and a reed switch under the door frame. When the door is opened, the reed switch provides a ground signal to the Welcome Back Control Module. From your description, it seems most likely to me that the module is malfunctioning. The module is probably located behind the rear wall of your pass through basement storage, on the door side. I've attach a picture that shows the module, along with a diagram that is likely how all the components go together.

Attachments

• Location of KIB Welcome Back Light Circuit.jpg
    Location of KIB Welcome Back Light Circuit.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Welcome Back Light Block Diagram Entry Switch.pdf
    52.1 KB · Views: 48

Dmm8535

I am looking for help on where to find the magnet in the door frame that works with this set up. I have a new 3560SS that I just put in the solid step. I had to remove the switch from the bottom of the door so it would close with the new steps. I would like to reattach to the bottom of the door and get this feature working again.

Thanks,
Dave

jbeletti

I am looking for help on where to find the magnet in the door frame that works with this set up. I have a new 3560SS that I just put in the solid step. I had to remove the switch from the bottom of the door so it would close with the new steps. I would like to reattach to the bottom of the door and get this feature working again.

Thanks,
Dave

The magnet is stuck to the bottom of the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmm8535

Is there a certain orientation for it to work? I flipped it around and reattached to the door but didn't work.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't flip it around. Put it back in the same place as it was. The switch is in one specific spot under the threshold.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

Take a magnet, purchase one at the hardware store, and move it around the floor with the door open. You will trigger the switch and know exactly where the location is. If you have a electric tooth brush, the base of the replaceable head has a rare earth magnet. You can use it to locate the position of the switch. Then you can see if you can make a modification to the door to make it work.

Dmm8535

For the step above install...

I doubt the magnet will work with step above. The steel in the plate will negate the magnetic filed to run the read switch. The good news if you are handy you can purchase an alarm reed switch and put it on the door frame by drilling a couple 1/4 inch holes.

https://www.aartech.ca/ams-t21-amse...MInfmR29PQ4AIVgRx9Ch1mJwwEEAYYCSABEgLePfD_BwE

Thanks for the idea. Will open up basement tomorrow to see if I can find the module and add new switch