AC disconnect and correct wiring for Micro inverter

wireless

Veteran
We are installing our first system using M215 Enphase micronverters
the 6 strings will go to 4 junction boxes on 4 roofs and go to a combiner box and to the main service panel

I was told by AC disconnect is not required by a solar material dealer and confirmed it with enphase,
I keep seeing AC disconnect on microinverter install and Solar warning labels made for that ... make me question that again

so can you guys please confirm if I do not need AC disconnect for the M215 install?

2nd question, if I dont need an AC disconnect... Can I connect the string directly to the main service panel with a 20amp fuse?
I have 2 x200 amp service panels with many empty spots

3rd question does NY - PSEG (my electric company) inspect my system before allowing me turning it on?

Anyone know which lables I need and where for such an install?

danemayer

Hi wireless,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Are you installing this in an RV, or at your home?

If in your RV, alternative sources of 120V AC power typically are routed through a transfer switch. The transfer switch ensures that only one power source gets to the main breaker panel at a time, and that the alternative power doesn't backfeed the utility power if plugged into shore power.

I'm not sure how you would safely hook up solar at home so as to "sell" power back to the utility. But I think the National Electric Code (NEC) and local codes may impose requirements for a home installation. Failure to follow code could expose you to liability if someone gets hurt and might be cause to cancel your insurance in case of a loss caused by improper installation.