my favorite pizza recipe!

wireless

Veteran
Saturday was pizza day. ****, we're getting good at this. my son nick can now consistently toss a THIN pizza. we tried some new combos.

1. assorted sausage, onion, tomato, tomato sauce, jalapeno and mozz
2. coppa, whole garlic, basil leaves and parm
3. bbq chicken (an old favorite)
4. chicken with basil cream sauce, whole garlic cloves, fresh basil leaves, mozz (this was the best - we're going to try the cream sauce next time with a seafood instead of chicken).

I precooked (fried) the garlic. the more pizza we make, the clearer it is that often the less (volume) you dump on the pizza, the better the pizza tastes. (its just so hard not to load it up though).

5lGsFhV
https://imgur.com/a/5lGsFhV

GETnBYE

I would love to have a new pizza dough recipe if it’s something you could share.
I totally understand if it is a family secret.
btw, would not see your image.

Thanks, Nita

wireless

Veteran
I would love to have a new pizza dough recipe if it’s something you could share.
I totally understand if it is a family secret.
btw, would not see your image.

Thanks, Nita

Hi Nita,

I would like to post images, but due to forum rules, it's forbidden since I'm a fresh member!

Qaltoveb

Ingredients

3 tbsp 35% cream

4 tsp grainy Dijon mustard

2 tsp regular Dijon mustard

1 1/2 tsp lemon juice

1/4 tsp honey

2 firm but ripe Bosc pears

Extra virgin olive oil

pizza dough, see link below

Pinch cayenne pepper

3 cups arugula, plus more for garnish

114 g crumbled blue cheese

Instructions

• Make pizza dough.
  • Preheat oven to 500F. Place a large baking sheet in the oven and heat for 45 min.
  • Whisk cream with mustards, lemon juice and honey in a medium bowl. Reserve. Cut pears into 1/4-in. slices and toss with 1 tsp olive oil to coat.
  • Cut pizza dough into 2 portions. Roll 1 out into an oval and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Trim parchment so it’s just wider than dough. Brush dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with cayenne. Top with half of arugula and drizzle with more olive oil. Top with half of pear slices and half of blue cheese.
  • Remove hot baking sheet from oven and quickly transfer pizza and parchment paper onto it. Bake until edges are golden and crisp, 12 to 15 min. Transfer to a platter and garnish with additional arugula if you wish. Repeat with remaining pizza. Serve with mustard sauce.

Last edited:
Here is my pizza recipe:

MAKES
2 (10-inch) pizzas
SERVES

INGREDIENTS

• 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature for at least 1 hour
  • 1/2 to 1 cup sauce: tomato sauce, white sauce, or other spread
  • 2 to 3 cups other toppings: sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, diced peppers, leftover veggies, or any other favorite toppings
  • 1 to 2 cups shredded or sliced cheese (4 to 8 ounces) such as mozzarella, Monterey Jack, provolone, fontina, or any other favorite
  • Cornmeal or all-purpose flour (optional)

DonnaHamilton

Donna Hamilton
[FONT=&quot]It is no secret that i love the pizza from Union Station!There is something about that crust that is delicious and crispy and the sauce has a great tang and a hint of heat.[/FONT]

dinajafer

Saturday was pizza day. ****, we're getting good at this. my son nick can now consistently toss a THIN pizza. we tried some new combos.

1. assorted sausage, onion, tomato, tomato sauce, jalapeno and mozz
2. coppa, whole garlic, basil leaves and parm
3. bbq chicken (an old favorite)
4. chicken with basil cream sauce, whole garlic cloves, fresh basil leaves, mozz (this was the best - we're going to try the cream sauce next time with a seafood instead of chicken).

I precooked (fried) the garlic. the more pizza we make, the clearer it is that often the less (volume) you dump on the pizza, the better the pizza tastes. (its just so hard not to load it up though).

5lGsFhV
Garlic in pizza is new to me, and I wonder what it tastes like. Does it have a sharp smell you can't get rid of eventually? Fresh garlic on pizza can make a huge flavor difference. I expect to find garlic in a chicken casserole, soups, fish, and meat, but definitely not on top of pizza. Even the nearby pizza restaurants don't have that garlic pizza you are talking about.

Last edited:

AidanMoran

From the savory sausage and onion to the indulgent basil cream sauce with chicken, your pizzas are a true culinary adventure. And your insight about the balance of toppings is spot on – sometimes, simplicity is key to letting the flavors shine.

RumarLos

@wireless, your pizza-making skills have stood the test of time! Five years later, and your creations still sound absolutely mouthwatering. It's amazing how you and your son have honed your craft over the years, mastering the art of tossing thin crusts and experimenting with unique topping combinations.If you ever find yourself wanting to relive those pizza-making memories without the effort, Revolution Pizza & Kitchen restaurant is serving up delicious pies made with fresh ingredients. It's the perfect place to sit back, relax, and enjoy a slice of perfection.

Last edited: