Dear Heartland - Problems with new Pioneer

stateofdade

I'm currently sitting in Cloudland canyon state park. Fixing the leak on the toilet again myself. Fixing the lock on the door that just failed. Fixing the leak in the micro gutter over the kitchen window that drains through the awning and into the outdoor outlets. Watching my awning light short out again. All in the rain.

So far, your customer service has been dismal. My two contacts with you have resulted in the same list of repair services that are either a long distance away or out of business. I'm almost to the point of trading this 2019 model in and going with a brand that is better constructed and actually goes out of their way to support a product that I signed a 30k loan on. I'm not sure why you haven't put more support in the Chattanooga, TN area. So far I've received no help at all from your company. Is this your standard or is it an abberation?

Please help or just tell me I'm out of luck. I'd prefer to have some honest interaction.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

stateofdade

Re: Dear Heartland

Just to clarify, you keep sticking me with Camping World. They are absolutely incompetent.

danemayer

Hi stateofdade,

A lot of us use mobile servicers. Heartland is unusual in that with prior approval, they will authorize a mobile servicer to do your warranty work. Perhaps that's not one of the things they told you in your prior contacts.

Check around your area for RV Resorts or large RV parks. The can often refer you to a mobile servicer.

Note that you'll have to pay the servicer's travel charge, but that's often less than the cost of hauling the trailer to an authorized dealer who is willing to do the work. And it's most definitely more convenient.

Btw, your warranty, which is in the trailer manual, requires you to take the RV back to your selling dealer for service. That may be why you keep getting pointed at Camping World. In the RV industry, unlike auto, only the selling dealer is required to provide warranty service. Other dealers may do so, but it's up to them.

If you bought from Camping World, it's probably a trailer that is exclusive to CW.

CDN

B and B

I agree on a mobile tech. Sound like these issues as big as they seem to the OP are relatively small in nature. Maybe an hour to do the majority and possibly ordering new awning lights and a return visit to complete.

What about the selling dealer? Have you tried them?

stateofdade

Camping World supposedly fixed the majority of those issues already. Learned a hard lesson there.

stateofdade

I agree on a mobile tech. Sound like these issues as big as they seem to the OP are relatively small in nature. Maybe an hour to do the majority and possibly ordering new awning lights and a return visit to complete.

What about the selling dealer? Have you tried them?
They could be construed as small issues, but after weeks of time sitting in a repair shop without real resolutions they don't appear so minor. If you paid for a brand new car, would a bunch of minor issues that required weeks of time to repair only to discover they were still unfixed be even slightly acceptable to you? It's just a QA/customer service issue.

wdk450

StateofDade:
Check out servicers listed in RVServiceReviews.com for your area.

http://rvservicereviews.com/StateLi...D=&ZipCode=&Miles=&SearchState=&KeywordState=

Call Heartland service for authorization BEFORE setting up a warranty service appointment. It should be a routine matter. As with anytime dealing with Heartland service, have your VIN at the ready.

If you DO use a business from RVServiceReviews (or even if you use some other RV repairer) PLEASE post a review on RVService Reviews. This database is only as good as the recent reviews, and most RVers don't take the time to help out their fellow RVers (and maybe the excellent RV repairer's business) by posting a review.