Delivery Cautions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fvanassen

I am purchasing a new Landmark Augusta. It should arrive in mid-November. I know - terrible timing just in time for the dregs of winter. What I am asking for are tips of things to look for when I take delivery. Cautions, problems to look out for, common issues upon delivery, etc. I am impressed with Heartland and Landmark but figure all you current users might have some tips for me. I am not new to RV'ing or Fifth Wheels.

Thanks in advance.

cjbearden

Visitor
Your unit may come already winterized; however, ASAP, check to make sure the water pump works. We went through two before getting things right.

Make sure the wires are wrapped coming out of the pin box for the plug in to your truck. Ours were not.

Make sure fender braces on driver's side (off door side) are present and the fender brace in the center on the door side slide skirt is turned in proper direction. Our Augusta had fender braces missing and the brace on the door side had the end tips turned into the fiberglass; the ends should point toward the tires. Improper placement of the brace cracked the bottom of the fender skirt.

Other things may be found as you actually spend time living in the unit for a few days to make sure everything is functioning properly.

Best wishes on the new unit and welcome to your extended family. You will find lots of help on the forum and from the HL representative for MI. Call HL with any concerns.

jpmorgan37

fvanassen;

Here is a link to Tom Boles PDI Checklist. It is generic but will give you a good look at the overall coach condition and systems. Welcome to the Heartland family and good luck. PDI Checklist

John

Status
Not open for further replies.