air mattress loses air??

kinzu

Just purchasde a 3055rl..have noticed that air mattress does not hold air..anyone having or had this problem? Kinzu

Jimmyt5

My first mattress did not hold air, my second came with a big rip in it, I am now on number 3 seems ok....

regan

Regan
Is this your first use? We noticed that ours has actually gotten better with time. We think at first perhaps it hasnt stretched out. Now when guests use it they do not have to "add air" during the night.

hi, our 3055 is three months old and we are on our third mattress. they are upgrading the air mattress and suggest that it be stored in big drawer under the couch when not in use. too many places in the fold up couch for the air mattress to get caught on and rip (my opinion) tom

2010augusta

Ours developed 4 good sized holes after the first couple uses. Patched them with the supplied kit and now it is holding just fine again. EVERY air mattress I have EVER had has required some patching after the first use or so. I take a lot of care when opening and closing the air bed to avoid pinching it.

flamingknitter

We discovered that the plug on the end opposite the motor was cross threaded. Stopped leaking when it was put on properly.

Theresau

We got our 2010 Bighorn mid-July. Our air mattress came in a nylon bag - we always fold it back into this after using it - there's really no way for it to pinch then.

Theresa

JamesnjennD

Ours seems to be leaking around the pump. I have unscrewed and rescrewed plugs. This was the first time we opened it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Ours seems to be leaking around the pump. I have unscrewed and rescrewed plugs. This was the first time we opened it.
If it is leaking around the pump, it could be a bad seal or diaphram in the pump itself. Check you supplier list and give the company a call. If it's Flair, they have been pretty responsive on replacing defective mattresses in the past. If necessary, give Heartland Customer Service a call and get them involved. Their number is on the Portal page of this forum.

TeJay

We have a standard pump-up mattress that leaked. I covered it with water and found one leak fixed that but it still would not hold air. I took the pump out and the diaphragm. Nothing looked worn or bad so I put vaseline on all rubber parts and seals. It has held air now for three years.

TeJay