Help Re-Hang MCD Shades

Cholo

Need to rehang a MCD shade on my 2017 Landmark Newport. One side has come loose and can't figure out how to reattach it. Anybody done this? How are the covers attached? I have removed 2 screws. (one on each end), and no luck. Please help thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The total valance needs to be removed. Reattach the clips that hold the MCD shades. Snap the MCD track back into the clips. Reinstall the valance

BTDT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarbandFrank

The total valance needs to be removed. Reattach the clips that hold the MCD shades. Snap the MCD track back into the clips. Reinstall the valance

BTDT...

We have the same problem with an MCD shade. Can you explain how to remove the balance?

Thanks.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have the same problem with an MCD shade. Can you explain how to remove the balance?

Thanks.

On our bighorn...
Remove the 2 screws from the brackets on each side that holds the side valance fabric taunt
Our valance had a “hidden” screw through the fabric in each corner. Feel around for them
In addition the valance rests on two angle brackets that require a long drive bit to reach. You’ll have to “stand on your head” to see them
A two person job IMO
Good luck

Gary521

Remove the MCD shade from the valance first. Got to the MCD web site, they show how to remove the shade from the clips that hold the shade up. Once the shade is out, the angle brackets that hold the shade to the wall are visible and easy to remove. I used hollow wall anchors where the striped screws were located. T here is foam in the walls so the anchors are a bit difficult to expand. If there is framing above the window, I do not know where it is. If there is, this would be the best place to just screw.

On the MCD site, the instructions are under "videos" and then "How to use the mounting clips".