water drains

justbob

Just took delivery of a 2009 Big Country 3250 TS. In looking at all, I don"t see any hot or cold water drains to drain the system. I have storage water drain, but no blue and red lines extending below. Do we just blow it out with compressed air or pump it out with pink anti-freeze? Any help is appreciated, Thanks. :confused:

Netem

I have a Sundance but I'am pretty sure you should have drain lines . Mine are on the door side just behind the steps. Hopefully someone with a Big Country will chime in.

bigchief

We have an 09 3250ts and there is only one drain line, and that is for the water tank. If yours is an 09 it should be the same.

Bigchief

We have a 09 3490BHS which we took delivery in April/08 and it has the red and blue drain lines located just behind the entrance steps,I have heard that these drain lines may be dissapearing on future models.

Chuck Richard

I believe I read in this forum that the drain lines were removed in '09 because they would freeze up for full timers. I do not have them on my 3055 and just winterized by blowing air through the lines as you suggested.

delwin46

Delwin46

Just took delivery of a 2009 Big Country 3250 TS. In looking at all, I don"t see any hot or cold water drains to drain the system. I have storage water drain, but no blue and red lines extending below. Do we just blow it out with compressed air or pump it out with pink anti-freeze? Any help is appreciated, Thanks. :confused:
We have a 2009 landmark and I was looking for the drains at the delear.. They couldn't find them so they called Heartland and was told they stopped adding them on the mid 2009 models..

jbeletti

delwin is correct - at least on Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country (all made at plant 2).

If you are handy enough and have the time or want to use a dealer, these could be added to any coach. But we had far too many complaints of these "brass-valved/vertical water columns" being freeze points for colder weather RVing.

Not saying they will never reappear on our units but for these 3 brands - they were removed during a running line change mid-2009-model-year.

Jim