Dirty job

Flooringit

Well this morning water was froze when I went to flush. I pushed paper down so flap would close and on the pull out the brush caught the side and slipped out of my hand and down the poop shooot. I wouldn’t think it would get past both the bend but as I looked down I don’t see it in the first one. Any ideas how to get to it? I have a idea to cut the sewer line into the tank and reach in. Or hope it’s in the second bend before tank. I could remove toilet and cut pipe just above tank and pull the whole pipe up use a coupling to put it back togther. I’m hoping a Lowe’s coupling is same size

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it has a steel shaft, tie a strong magnet on a string and go fishing. You might be able to get it out that way instead of making a major repair project out of it. There is a good chance it’s standing upright at the bottom of the pipe and didn’t fall into the tank.

Wear gloves cuz the sewer trout may want to hit the bait, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flooringit

Luckily I cleaned out the tank last night so it’s only got one bomb in it now lol it’s a plastic wand so no magnet. How deep are the tanks?

JohnDar

Maybe 10 or 12” deep. The bottoms deflect downwards as they fill until the supports stop them.

Gaffer

The tanks are maybe a foot deep. It may be joined by a rubber coupler just below the offset. This is attached with hose clamps. That would be a way to get at it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'd start by using one of these Endoscope cameras and see if I can find it.

th

Mine has a hooked adapter you can put on the end and might be able to grab it with that.

Flooringit

No fermco(rubber boot) they are all glued on. I just can’t beleive the thing went past the 45at the top. It may have 5-7 gallons of water in it. I could cut it use fermco to put back togther. I hate to take off commode as to don’t have any issue but I bet I will once I take it off.

JohnDar

You could also try straightening a metal coat hanger, leaving the hook at one end to fish down the pipe. Might get lucky and snag the brush. Taking apart the plumbing should be your last option.

As for the magnet idea, the brush and handle may be plastic, but the shaft is probably steel.

Flooringit

A79B8133-BA8B-4D90-8C30-E4911B4CDC38.jpgWell it’s out but I got to fix the pipe now. It made it all the way to the tank. It’s probably 3.5 feet of pipe to make it that far and 2 45S silly. I will use 2 fermco to put it back together

JohnDar

View attachment 60801Well it’s out but I got to fix the pipe now. It made it all the way to the tank. It’s probably 3.5 feet of pipe to make it that far and 2 45S silly. I will use 2 fermco to put it back together

Now I see what you meant about it being plastic. I was thinking of the kind we use, not one of those disposable scrubber thingies.

Flooringit

Well the chute is back togther. Wasn’t as bad as you’d think. I have it now so if something happens again I can take it apart easy.