weight

bpmills

Hi guys , need some help from the weight experts. Just went full time in my 2009 Bighorn 3400rl, being towed by a one ton dually Dodge diesel mega cab. Went on a short trip this past week and fully loaded except water we weighed in at 22,200 lbs. The question is , does this sound about right??
Thank you, bpmills

DennisZ

Hi Burt
You guys back in town or still out traveling?

Your weight sounds about right to me, the truck is probably aroung 8,500 to 9000 and the trailer has a gross of 14.6K , so it sounds like you are in the ball park.

Dennis

SmokeyBare

BpMills,

I was weighed at Branson Mo... at the Heartland Owners Rally.

My Total weight is more than yours. # 22,925

Our 3400RL is 2007... so there are differences. First would be the dimensions of the basement area. Your frame drops under the belly of your BigHorn... mine is inside the belly of this Beast... which makes my basement shallower than yours. I would guess that would reduce my trailer weight a little and add more to yours with the additional frame material. Only my Guess...

I also have 4 golf cart batteries in the front besides the house battery... also is an Inverter for the Solar panels on the roof. Storage box in the bed of the truck is loaded... Lots of other STUFF as well...

It all adds up... the dual pane windows... the Gloss Gel Coat finish... the heavier tires now that I've changed to Goodyear 614 tires. Pound by pound it grows !!

Hope this helps you...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
bpmills, you are right in there with the rest of us. Our 07 3400RL came in at 22620 combined. 11880 on the trailer axles and 4400 front truck axle, 6340 rear truck axle (pin was 2600) and I had some firewood and extra goodies in the bed of the truck. Full fuel and about 1/3 black tank. I like to travel with a little in the black tank to help break up the solids.