Ice Maker/Water Dispenser

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Any onw have any idea why an ice maker/water dispenser would sunddenly quick working?? We've been set up in the same spot for almost 2 months now. No bringing slides in or out. Yesterday, everything worked fine. Today, no water or new ice. I even changed the water filter thinking maybe the flow was restricted, but still nothing.

I could understand if we had moved or done some changing of the camper, but no, we haven't. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Keith,

My guess is the water feed line or drain valve, under the slide, is frozen. It's exposed to outside air. If temperatures get to 31 (F), that's all it takes.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I believe Keith is in Florida so it’s something other than frozen

Don’t have one, so no help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Possibly the valve on the fridge. Have had that happen on a home fridge a couple of times. Unfortunately, you have to pull the fridge out to get to it.

klindgren

Hi Keith,

My guess is the water feed line or drain valve, under the slide, is frozen. It's exposed to outside air. If temperatures get to 31 (F), that's all it takes.

Thanks Dan, but I'm in Florida for 3 months and the temps here are in the 80's so not really worried about freezing water lines.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe Keith is in Florida so it’s something other than frozen

Don’t have one, so no help

Yep you are correct. Florida until spring. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly the valve on the fridge. Have had that happen on a home fridge a couple of times. Unfortunately, you have to pull the fridge out to get to it.

Oh thanks Gus. Just what I wanted to hear. :) Well if that's the case, it will just have to wait till we get back to Virginia and I can take it into our dealer. Need to get a couple of other things done so I'll just have to add it to the list.

Tom-n-Barb

The small door behind the fridge outside should allow you access to the shut off valve. If you turn the valve off and pull the small hose out and point it outside and open the value it will tell you if the water is working up to that point. If it is your issue is probably in the fridge and you will have to have to call the manufacturer and they will help you find an authorized dealer. Most RV dealers do not work on residential units.

Oldelevatorman

Some times the fill tube behind the ice maker will get ice stuck in there. It may be clogged. If you take the cover and tray off you can access it and see if you’re getting water at all! Happened to us a few times!

CoveredWagon

Our feed tube, from the valve to the fridge, was kinked. It was out of site above the inspection door. After a bit of searching I pulled it down and rerouted it. Problem solved, no problems in 2 years.

The ice maker would randomly make ice once or twice a day but never fill the ice tray. Tech's 1st trip he replaced the water valve and ice maker but to avail it still worked the same... 3 subsequent trips checking out all the supply lines, water pressure and whatever else he ordered new supply lines. the order filter light came on so I ordered a new filter and replaced it. Followed instructions and from that minute on we have had ice making 24/7 now for a month... Tech was notified and he was happy to hear it was working. Never replaced any supply lines. Wife is happy now... :)

klindgren

The ice maker would randomly make ice once or twice a day but never fill the ice tray. Tech's 1st trip he replaced the water valve and ice maker but to avail it still worked the same... 3 subsequent trips checking out all the supply lines, water pressure and whatever else he ordered new supply lines. the order filter light came on so I ordered a new filter and replaced it. Followed instructions and from that minute on we have had ice making 24/7 now for a month... Tech was notified and he was happy to hear it was working. Never replaced any supply lines. Wife is happy now... :)
Thanks for the tip but that was one of the first things I tried Rodbuilder, but it did not help. Still haven't gotten mine fixed. Can't seem to find an RV Tech that will work on a residential refrigerator and can't find a residential tech that will tackle a refrigerator inside a camper.

Thanks for the tip but that was one of the first things I tried Rodbuilder, but it did not help. Still haven't gotten mine fixed. Can't seem to find an RV Tech that will work on a residential refrigerator and can't find a residential tech that will tackle a refrigerator inside a camper.

It took me a week to learn the warranty is under Frigidaire so I called them direct and they lined up a Tech in my area. Lucky for me he had worked on my last RV refrigerator and was pleased with his performance.