RV Lock Battery Life

rdufek

I get a year out of mine. I use alkaline batteries. I never use my key so I think the batteries hold up pretty well under the circumstances.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think we've gotten longer than a year, and we're full time! We use the Duracell? Blue/silver lithium batteries. We use the keypad for in and out, not the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

We bought 4 locks and all work great for about 9 months....then one of the 4 would need new batteries every 3-4 weeks. I replaced those batteries a second time...lasted about a month. contacted RVLocks. Described the problem and they sent out a $10+ circuit board for FREE that I put in ...been fine for over a year now.

Excellent Customer Service!!!!!

I have a reminder every year to replace them. cheap easy peace of mind. I actually lost my keys about 50 miles (at least it was only 50 miles) away and had to turn back around to get my second set of keys. Shortly after trip is when the RV Lock showed up.

mlpeloquin

Not full timing, but used alkaline batteries at first and had about a year of use out of them. If we turned it off when we put it in storage, they would have lasted longer. We like the lock and switched to nickel metal hydride batteries (2300mAh). They last almost as long. In fact we have changed almost all battery powered items to metal nickle hydride. With spare batteries, change out is quick and they charge up, with a good charger in a couple of hours at most. So they are ECO friendly and save you money in the long run.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We are full timers and replace ours annually. The Locks give you warning alerts when the batteries begin to get low.

Rod