How to tell if antenna is connected

2PawsRiver

I hooked my TV up and did a scan and did not locate any channels. There are several rigs around up that are able to received several channels. Is there any way to tell if my antenna is hooked up. We have a 2019 Cyclone 4270. There are a couple different places to hook up the cable.....I think I have it on the right one.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
You must have your TV set to "TV" or "Antenna" mode, instead of HDMI or Component Cable. Then make sure your antenna booster is turned on. Then you can scan for channels.

Rod

danemayer

First off, are you talking about hooking up Cable TV - i.e. running the cable TV coax to a connector in the Universal Docking Center (UDC)? If so, you probably have 5 coax connectors there. 4 of them are in a row and are for satellite. The 5th is by itself, and may be located on one side of the UDC.

For Cable, the signal booster inside the coach (at one of the TV locations) must be OFF. The TV menu setting must be on Cable (some TVs now automatically select between AIR and Cable).

After all that is right, then run a channel scan.

If you're talking about over the air reception, the rooftop antenna is connected at the factory and the signal booster must be ON. TV menu set to AIR. Then run the channel scan. Depending on the type of rooftop antenna, you may have to adjust the direction of the antenna to get good reception.

wdk450

If you can't seem to get the OTA TV function to work, this may rate some warranty service to check this out. Unfortunately, poor or bad coax connections are a frequent manufacturing defect noted on this forum.

This is one of those many fine details that needs to be checked on your Pre-Delivery inspection with the dealer (PDI). A good argument for using a PDI checklist from an experienced RVer.

2PawsRiver

Thank you for your input.....I should have clarified....hooking the coax cable so that I can get channel via the antenna. I have no idea whee a power switch would be for my antenna, don't actually know if I have one.antenna plug.jpgantenna plug.jpgNot

Not sure how I got it on there twice, but this is the hook ups behind my tv. The top one has two coax spots, while the third one down has a single. Hooked up to the single.

danemayer

Thank you for your input.....I should have clarified....hooking the coax cable so that I can get channel via the antenna. I have no idea whee a power switch would be for my antenna, don't actually know if I have one.View attachment 60867View attachment 60866Not

Not sure how I got it on there twice, but this is the hook ups behind my tv. The top one has two coax spots, while the third one down has a single. Hooked up to the single.
You need to locate the signal booster. You do have one and if it's off, you won't get any antenna reception. It's typically a wallplate that has a small LED indicator light and a push-push switch to turn on and off. There are likely coax connectors as well. On some rigs, it's in the bedroom closet.

Sowie

On my 4200 the signal booster is located where the bedroom tv is located and yes it is in the closet. Has a little button and a red light that comes on when it is activated for over the air signals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2PawsRiver

That is exactly what it looks like and with help from the forum, located it behind my bedroom TV.....push the button and the light comes on. Didn't have time to check to see if I get any channels....working a double today and will give it a go tomorrow.............thanks again.