TST TPMS Seal Replacement

Mrsfish

Need to replace our seals in the tpms system as we have a leaking issue. I was told by someone that there are 2 o rings per cap but we can only find 1. We have the non flow#thru model...any help out there? Thanks in advance

MTPockets

Re: Tst tpms seal replacement

When I replaced mine, I called TST and they sent o’rings to me no charge...

Mrsfish

When I replaced mine, I called TST and they sent o’rings to me no charge...

thanks terry..we have a packet of o rings that tst supplied us but we cannot figure out where the 2 nd one goes. We believe it is supposed to go In the same area as the battery but there’s no room for it.

MTPockets

thanks terry..we have a packet of o rings that tst supplied us but we cannot figure out where the 2 nd one goes. We believe it is supposed to go In the same area as the battery but there’s no room for it.
Mine only had one.... maybe they had a different model? There is a small rubber washer that goes in the valve stem, maybe that’s the second they are referring

danemayer

Need to replace our seals in the tpms system as we have a leaking issue. I was told by someone that there are 2 o rings per cap but we can only find 1. We have the non flow#thru model...any help out there? Thanks in advance
TST 507 has 1 thin o-ring that goes around the rim and keeps water out. There's also a small diameter, thick o-ring that fits inside the threaded portion that screws onto the valve stem. If leaking air, it's a problem with the thick o-ring. Sometimes it sticks to the valve stem when the sensor is removed from the valve stem.

Mrsfish

TST 507 has 1 thin o-ring that goes around the rim and keeps water out. There's also a small diameter, thick o-ring that fits inside the threaded portion that screws onto the valve stem. If leaking air, it's a problem with the thick o-ring. Sometimes it sticks to the valve stem when the sensor is removed from the valve stem.

Thanks Dan. It is the thin o ring we cannot figure out. You have given us a better description and we will try again tomorrow. The thick o ring by the valve stem has been replaced.

danemayer

The thin o-ring looks way too small to fit. It takes a little practice to stretch it and roll it over the housing and into place.

Mrsfish

The thin o-ring looks way too small to fit. It takes a little practice to stretch it and roll it over the housing and into place.

It goes around the housing? The description says it goes in the area where the battery is kept.

danemayer

Here's a drawing that shows where the o-ring goes. This is a TST-507.

TST o-ring drawing.jpg

porthole

Retired
Get yourself a small hooked pick from harbor freight, the small hook helps roll the o-ring on. As mentioned above the o-ring looks to be about half the size it needs to be, but it does stretch. I spray the o-rings with silicone before putting them on.

pick_set.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And anytime you remove the cap you should replace that o-ring.

Another tip, I use a piece of air line tubing (like what comes with air bags) to seat the valve stem gasket whenever I remove a sensor.