Mallard M27 Pro's and Con's

Good Morning!

My wife and I are in the market for an upgrade on our current travel trailer (2017 Jayflight SLX 212QB) and the Mallard has been highly recommended. Wondering if anyone had any pro's and cons with this model? It seems to be priced very well and seems like a well built model. Right now we are between the M27 or a Jay Flight 28RLS.

danemayer

Hi upstater88,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have quite a few Mallard owners here so I expect you may hear from some of them shortly.

spruce1.

We have a M26 Mallard and just love it. It had the perfect floor plan for us and the price was right! The outdoor kitchen and the central vac are great and we use these all the time. Never have a problem getting into a camping spot or a gas station.

Despite what you may read on this forum we purchased it from Camping World in Ft. Myers FL and were very please with them. We have only had two problems and had these fixed at a Camping World in Lubbock TX.

We have made a few upgrades such as a battery kill switch, putting a bed lift in the bedroom, changing the sofa for two recliners and putting a backup camera on the trailer.

We have found Heartland's customer service to be very helpful in answering questions when we first purchased the trailer.

Good luck with your search and hope you will consider the quality of a Heartland brand over the Jayco.

GK2018

My wife and I came from a Palomino Thoroughbred to our now Mallard M33 and we absolutely love it! We've lived in our Mallard full time for just under a year and everyday I look at it and say that was the best purchase we've made next to our truck that pulls it!

We've had a couple items fixed under warranty and it was taken care of by Heartland without any hiccups.

We bought ours from camping world as well after looking at so many various travel trailer and fifth wheel manufacturers and so many various places that sell them and I would purchase again from camping world although with that said I have been into some camping worlds that I wouldnt give the time of day to, so I think it's all about each individual place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk