Splendide Washing machine fix

MagnoliaTom

I was having issues with my 2100XC. All the lights were on and we couldn’t get it to do anything. For a few times the “fix” was to unplug it or turn off the breaker for 15-20 seconds and then it would work. Well it finally quit working. After doing some research, I learned that the lights all correspond to a fault code. Since all my lights were on, the code was for a bad mother board. Great. Call Westland and get a price of $350. Ouch. So I do a little more digging and I found a video about bad capacitors. I took out the mother board to inspect and what do you know? Two bulging capacitors (bulging means they’re either bad or about to be)

9dc8c184ee8c8590fc241b2aab0de4f3.jpg

Pointing to one of the two bad capacitors

5d2d396a02af0b6e50b350171326fe11.jpg

Green one in front and green one behind it are bulging

5d4f3ed89fcc63993a72f3ca8b61baac.jpg

New capacitors installed

bdc9656c06d62ee270131dc719686a9a.jpg

Amateur soldering skills but it’s in

c2965a10f4758a7e8e660fffd7759eb9.jpg

Tested and ran through a couple cycles and all working as it should

So if you’re having problems with your machine it could just be a bad capacitor. BTW, total cost of capacitors plus shipping was $6.
DW happy not having to go to laundry mat while camping....priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Tom, when I started having some problems with our Splendide I related it the voltage surges from the constant hooking up and disconnecting the shore power or generator use.

I bought one of these switches and kept the washer/dryer turned off until we were ready to use it and then switched it off before breaking camp. Problems went away.
The switch was easier to use then breaker panel which was a chore for Deb being the panel was at floor level.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01894YMX4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SLO

That’s great! The satisfaction of figuring it out and fixing it yourself is worth more than the $350.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MagnoliaTom

Tom, when I started having some problems with our Splendide I related it the voltage surges from the constant hooking up and disconnecting the shore power or generator use.

I bought one of these switches and kept the dryer turned off until we were ready to use it and then switched it off before breaking camp. Problems went away.
The switch was easier to use then breaker panel which was a chore for Deb being the panel was at floor level.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01894YMX4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That’s a good idea. Thanks for sharing

MagnoliaTom

Something else to watch with that machine. If you slam the door closed too many times there is a small plastic clip inside the latch that breaks.

After I did my temporary repair with a wire tie, we made it a point to not slam the door shut anymore.
We used it for another 5 years that way.

Besides my latch repair, this thread has some good stuff in it from other members.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...or-latch-issue?p=321618&viewfull=1#post321618

Thanks for the thread Duane. I’ll definitely tell DW to be easy with the door.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good info, Tom. Did something similar a while back when our Heng multi-speed fan acted up. Diagnosed one of the large cement encased resistors was bad. Cost about $5.00 (pack of 2) rather than replacing the fan.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
That's some very handy information right there!
We've experienced the door latch failure but nothing electronic yet. I hope I can remember this when and if we do.
Thank you for sharing!

MagnoliaTom

Good info, Tom. Did something similar a while back when our Heng multi-speed fan acted up. Diagnosed one of the large cement encased resistors was bad. Cost about $5.00 (pack of 2) rather than replacing the fan.

That's some very handy information right there!
We've experienced the door latch failure but nothing electronic yet. I hope I can remember this when and if we do.
Thank you for sharing!

Thanks guys!