38rsrt actual tank capacities

Calfarmer

hey everyone, just picked up our new 38rsrt elkridge and i was wondering if anyone can tell me the actual capacity of each tank on it? its a 2019 model and i find 5 dump valves so i am assuming 2 blacks and 3 greys and wondering what goes to each grey tank and all of their sizes? everywhere i look i only find totals nothing is broke down to actual specs of each.
thank you

LBR

A sure-fire way to know your exact setup of tank sizes and which handle dumps what tank is to purchase an inexpensive water meter and get setup to dump.

After getting trailer level, dump all tanks, including the draining of your fresh tank.

Hook up the water meter and city water, then fill each tank one at a time.....either by holding toilet lever down or turning on faucets accordingly.

When the tank fills, read the water meter gallons used, then reset to 0.

Start pulling dump levers until you hit the gold mine, keeping records of what lever, what tank, # of gallons to fill.

Repeat above 4 more times if you have 5 total.

Lastly, fill the fresh tank and note gallons.

Your ready to go camping. Please report your findings when finished.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might get the information you need by calling Heartland Customer Service.
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

avvidclif

As for capacity except for the small tanks most water tanks (black and fresh) run 40-50 gal ea. Mine has 110ga capacity and it's 2 50's plus 10 gal water heater. On which is which food color is your friend. Put 5 gal with different color in each suspected tank (no color is a color) Then start dumping, one at a time.

Calfarmer

Hey thanks for the info, I emailed them so if I don't hear from them by Friday ill give them a call! That's a good idea with the colored water. Thanks guys

I know this thread is a couple years old, but you can contact the company and give them your vin # and they will gladly send you the specs plus the layout of the tanks.