Noisey Water Pump

We have a new Wilderness 2575RK. It has an extremely noisy water pump. It sounds like a jack hammer is running while system pressurizes. I spoke with the service department and the manager really didn't understand how loud it was. It's also quite a way to the dealership. Does anyone know what causes such a loud banging. Also, does anyone know how to access the pump. I'm new at this but there must be some access point. Thank you.

danemayer

Hi Mike,

Here are some links to what one very determined owner did to quiet his pump.

Perhaps another Wilderness owner will chime in with how to get to the pump on your rig.

Gary521

I did not read all the links above. My suggestion is to do two things. I make sure that you have flex lines connected to your pump and NOT the PEX lines. There is a kit that you can buy for the flex lines. The second thing is to add an accumulator to the pump. This keep the pump from cycling and quiets the pump. I am an a trip and just had the water pump fail. I replaced the pump with a Lippert pump ( can't remember the pump name but it comes in a yellow box). It is very quiet.

Fox

Once you find it, another thing to check (it once happened to me) is to ensure the pump is securely screwed down in place.

mlpeloquin

Gary521 is correct about the flex lines. I found mine and it was pulled hard against the sub floor with tight pex plumbing. The shock mounts were deformed by this and did not go back to the normal position. I used two layers of pile carpet and remounted. It reduced the noise to a very low level. I have not gotten to install the flex lines, but I know it will help even more. This is another TBD that I have forgotten about. The hard pex transmits the vibrations from the pump to the wall, floor, or anything it comes in contact with. So check the shock mounts and use flex lines to start with.

Thanks for the help. This pump is so noisey we can't talk while it's on. I thought I'd ask again, does anyone know how to access the water pump in a Wilderness 2575RK. It sounds like it's under the bathroom vanity. If the suggestions above don't help I may have to replace it.