Sikafflex 521 UV or Proflex RV Caulk

'Lil Guy'

Wanting to go over my outside seams on the side of our rig. Looks like HL used an almond colored caulk on my BH. Clear and bright white only in Sikaflex. The Proflex comes in almond. Is one as good as the other? Does anyone know for sure what HL uses? Thanks in advance.

MTPockets

I can’t say what Heartland uses not any experience with Sikflex. I do have lots of experience with various sealants including Dicor, variations of Dow products . The last one I used was Proflex. My opinion is that the Proflex has done the best job; adhesion, long lasting was best. I will say that due to its “stickiness”, it’s a bit more tedious when applying, but with some patience and care well worth the effort.

'Lil Guy'

I saw a video of smeone applying a caulk in 2' strips at a time with a very small bead. They then used thier finger to somooth the seam with mineral spirits on thire finger and on a rag to clean their finger after each short run. Looked 1st class. Thanks for the reply.

MTPockets

I saw a video of smeone applying a caulk in 2' strips at a time with a very small bead. They then used thier finger to somooth the seam with mineral spirits on thire finger and on a rag to clean their finger after each short run. Looked 1st class. Thanks for the reply.
Yes, that’s pretty much the way I handled it, but used water and wore a tight fitting rubber glove. The water kept the Proflex from sticking to my glove.

WillyBill

Any name brand caulk designated for EPDM type materials should work fine. Durability will vary - go by recommends from HOG members.

WB

'Lil Guy'

Any name brand caulk designated for EPDM type materials should work fine. Durability will vary - go by recommends from HOG members.

WB
+This isn't for the roof. I want to caulk the vertical and horizontal seams of the side walls. This caulk isn't EPDM compatible.

Daley07

Used this caulk from Dicor to install a couple of fantastic vents on our camper. The stuff that came off the old vents looked like it was this and some other kind of tough caulk. The tough stuff was almost impossible to remove from the rubber roof. One tube was enough to sufficiently install and seal the vent holes for two new units. We did a seam around the bottom of the fan lip before installing, around the lip, and cover the screw holes of the new units.

Last edited: