SOLVED: (Awning Light) Mystery Switch in '19 Mallard M312

RRC1224

Hello,

My wife and I just picked up our brand new camper today and spent probably 3 hours talking with the tech, doing the demo and going over the camper. But We finally got it home tonight and there is a switch that I can't seem to figure our what it operates. When you walk in the door there are 3 switches, one is the light right outside the door, one is the interior and the other is the ?. Now I totally forgot to put the awning out during the demo, and currently where it is parked at the house I cannot put it out. Is this for the awning light? Or is that when the LED remote is for (yup they said its for the lights, but didn't say which one or where to point it). I've just looking through the manual and cant seem to figure it out in there. I was an Air Force Mechanic for 8.5 years, did carpentry for about 15 and Currently and IT person. So I can figure it out if i start digging, but if someone could help that would be great.

Thanks
Jason

danemayer

Re: 2019 Mallard M312 Light switches - Brand new owner

Hi Jason,

Congratulations on the new Mallard and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There are quite a few Mallard owners on the forum, so I expect someone will chime in with the answer shortly.

Be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club. Membership is free and gets you into local and regional rallies where you'll meet like-minded people and have a great time. Hope to see you down the road.

NP_Chief

In my Torque, the switch closest to the door works the led awning light. Switch puts power to light and then remote turns it on. Should be the same on the Mallard.

RRC1224

So After moving my old camper, I was able to move the new camper into a spot where I could open the awning. Wa-lah, that Mystery switch is the Awning LED lights, and the mystery LED remote is to control those lights. Thank you for the replies. We are getting excited for our first trip in a few more weeks.