BR Slides

Calvin

I have a 2008 Sundance w/ BR slide out. I'm concerned about the bed hitting the dresser..not that it will damage the dresser but that the slide is not closing fulling and sealing completely.

Am I worrying too much?

Better to solve not than to have problem later.

wagenman

I can tell you that when mine goes in it touches the dresser.. and IMHO it does not hurt a thing.... the slide once in does not have any play at all.. and if it did not go all the way in you would be able to tell from the outside of the coach... But there are much more experianced people in here to give you a better more technical answer...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Calvin, yes you are correct about the slide. Ours also keeps the dresser draws shut. Good thing, cause it would look like a "tighty whitey" drawer had exploded:eek: in the bedroom after a long trip. You can tell if the slide is closed by the way it fits to outside wall. Bob:D :D:eek:

frumbawa

I would only be concerned if the wood platform of the bed is making contact with the dresser. The wood would be stiff enough to stop the slide from going in all the way. But if it's only the mattress making contact, then I would think the matress would give enough for the to come completely in. Assuming it is only the matress making contact, the "clicking" sound the slide motor makes is a good indication that the slide is completely in.

Good luck.

Frank