How to repair / refresh scuffed cabinets in Big Country 3690SL?

MookieKat

Looking at a used unit...2013. Looks like it had been lived in. The cabinets below the sink are in pretty bad shape. Is there a way to "refresh" or repair them without refinishing?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depends on what’s wrong with them and your level of woodworking skills. Could be as simple as using some furniture polish or as difficult as rebuild/replacing. Photos would help. There is a variety of experience on the forum for repairing things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

For small scratches, even over a large area I use a MinWax Wood Finish Stain Marker. You can find them at Lows, ACE, Home Depot, and most likely any hardware store. I follow a paper towel to wipe away the over application. It works well. I go over the cabinets after each trip and touch up when needed. After 24 hours, you might want to go over all the cabinets with Liquid Gold. Someone on this form did and his looked great.

MookieKat

For small scratches, even over a large area I use a MinWax Wood Finish Stain Marker. You can find them at Lows, ACE, Home Depot, and most likely any hardware store. I follow a paper towel to wipe away the over application. It works well. I go over the cabinets after each trip and touch up when needed. After 24 hours, you might want to go over all the cabinets with Liquid Gold. Someone on this form did and his looked great.

Thank you! Would you happen to know the link to that post?