2018 DS320 Using the fresh water tank

sbursik

I’ve searched and searched but can’t find the answer. I’m permanently set up on my land and the faucet head to my fresh water supply is rusted out and needs replacing. In the mean time I want to use my fresh water tank. I’ve filled the tank 1/3 of the way so I can flush it and when I turn on the pump I can hear it running but I don’t get any water from the faucets. Is there a valve or something I need to turn to switch from city supply to the fresh water tank? Thanks ahead of time.

danemayer

There are two types of water connections. If you have the 4-way Anderson Valve, it needs to be turned to "TANK" when filling the fresh tank and to "NORMAL" to pump water out of the fresh tank.

If you have the "gravity fill" type for putting water into the fresh tank, turning the pump on should do the job.

But, when winterizing with antifreeze, there is a valve that allows the pump to draw antifreeze through the antifreeze suction line. If that valve is open, the pump will suck air through that line and won't be able to pull water out of the tank.

sbursik

There are two types of water connections. If you have the 4-way Anderson Valve, it needs to be turned to "TANK" when filling the fresh tank and to "NORMAL" to pump water out of the fresh tank.

If you have the "gravity fill" type for putting water into the fresh tank, turning the pump on should do the job.

But, when winterizing with antifreeze, there is a valve that allows the pump to draw antifreeze through the antifreeze suction line. If that valve is open, the pump will suck air through that line and won't be able to pull water out of the tank.

Thanks for the reply. I have the gravity system. I have closed the valves I found on the bottom of the camper under the fill port area. Still, the pump is running but no water from any of the fixtures. I’ve been all I’ve this thing and can’t find any other valves. :(

danemayer

You need to locate the water pump. On the suction side, which usually has a clear strainer bowl, there will be a short hose that goes to a Tee. That tee is where the antifreeze suction tube is tied in. The valve you're looking for is within a few inches of the tee.

If your trailer was winterized and recently de-winterized, the person who did that for you would know where to find the pump and antifreeze suction tube.

sbursik

You need to locate the water pump. On the suction side, which usually has a clear strainer bowl, there will be a short hose that goes to a Tee. That tee is where the antifreeze suction tube is tied in. The valve you're looking for is within a few inches of the tee.

If your trailer was winterized and recently de-winterized, the person who did that for you would know where to find the pump and antifreeze suction tube.

Awesome description. I found the pump and the T fitting with the hose for winterizing. The valve you mentioned was in the closed position so I opened it. Nada. I closed the valve and opened the one for winterizing and put that hose piece in a cup of water and the pump isn’t drawing any water in. I even poured some water into the hose to see if it needed priming, and nothing happened. I can hear and feel the pump running. I’d find it hard to believe that a brand new never been used pump is bad. Thoughts?

danemayer

Awesome description. I found the pump and the T fitting with the hose for winterizing. The valve you mentioned was in the closed position so I opened it. Nada. I closed the valve and opened the one for winterizing and put that hose piece in a cup of water and the pump isn’t drawing any water in. I even poured some water into the hose to see if it needed priming, and nothing happened. I can hear and feel the pump running. I’d find it hard to believe that a brand new never been used pump is bad. Thoughts?

Sounds like you found 2 valves; one for winterizing and another for something else. That's a little confusing. Are you sure you had the winterizing valve in the right position when you tried to suck water from the antifreeze tube?

As Cookie suggested, check for a cracked strainer bowl or loose connections at the pump.