New North Trail 21FBS

JChatt

Hello everyone,

We went through the typical stages, our first camper was a Palomino PopUp, followed by a Rockwood Roo Hybrid. While browsing the internet, I saw a SunValley Bridgeport, liked the layout, it had a slide, and looked large for a 24' camper, best of all it was within my perceived comfort zone for towing at 24'. We went to the local RV show, specifically for this camper. It wasn't there. (We did see one a few days after the show, and it was nice). We continued browsing at the show, and were impressed with the North Trails. I came home, went to the 'puter and researched the Heartland line. The 21FBS layout was very nice, similar to the Bridgeport, but it was TWO feet longer. I read about the "Wide Trax" axle for tow stabilizing, and thought, I think I can, but I wanted to see one in person. We visited the show dealer, but they didn't have the 21FBS, but were expecting one soon. The salesperson pointed out the features on the other NT models, he was very friendly, and well informed, BUT, we really wanted to see a 21FBS. So two weekends ago, we decided to travel over 2 1/2 hours to another dealership that had four on their lot!! Seeing the 21FBS in person, we preferred it over the Bridgeport, and I said what's two more feet, LOL. Unfortunately, we couldn't come to terms, and left very disappointed. A few days later the dealer from the show called, to tell us that the 21FBS had arrived. We saw it last week, and this dealership worked with us.
Our 19' Roo is now history, and we are the new owners of a 2009 North Trail 21FBS. We pick up our camper this Friday.

jimtoo

Hi Jan and John,

Welcome to the Heartland Family. You will find the best rv'ers right here and also lots of good information.

Also, please do a really through PDI when you take delivery of your new North Trail. Check every little detail water, electric and make sure everything works and you have no leaks.

Again, welcome to the Heartland Family.

Jim M

irvin56

another north trailer

We're growing in numbers but I have yet seen one on the road,
(unless I check my mirrors). :p

This forum is great for loads on info, not just on nt's, but on all topics for anything you can imagine. :confused:
If you need any info just post a question and there is tons of folks that can give you info, or lead you to place to find it .None

Welcome aboard :)

Hart

Welcome to the North Trail family! Ours is new last month & we love it!

Happy Trails! Take notes at your PDI

jbeletti

Hi Jan and John,

What an awesome story. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We are excited to have you!

And by the way, I see you are from Michigan. Did you know we have 2 rallies planed for MI in 2009 and you are not far at all from the 2009 Heartland North American Rally to be held in Goshen, Indiana.

You could be in for the time of your lives.

Jim Beletti
Admin

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the club!

We've had our 21FBS since May and love it. We walked into it and fell in love, didn't even look at other brands. Complete trailer newbies. Went to a show recently "just to look", and confirmed it, we made the best choice out there for the size, features, quality and money. This site is great! Also know there is a site just for us North Trailers. TheNorthTrailers.com. A lot of the folks there frequent here as well. We even have Mike Creech stop by an answer questions.

Even when we have issues with our trailer, it's great to have sites like these with other owners that can help you figure out solutions, know when to talk to your dealer, etc. And the Heartland folks are very in-tune with their customers. I've had great dealings with them.

Welcome!!

TT

Hunter

Newby
New North Trail 21fbs

We pick up our 21fbs next Wednesday :)... just in time to put it into winter storage. :(

We had been looking a long time ... as I loved my previous trailer - a 195 Kodiak - except that it was a hybrid and we had to pull the beds apart to travel, and there was always bedding on the floor when we traveled. I did a lot of searching, read and re-read the Heartland & the North Trail forums. Went to RV shows, searched the internet and reviewed trailer specs.

The 2009 North Trail fit my needs
(1) the fresh, grey & black water was of adequate size (some trailers of this size have no water capacity, our Kodiak had more)
(2) the water heater runs on both gas & electricity
(3) it has a slide out - rare for a trailer of this size
(4) it fits in our driveway - I didn't want anything more than 26' 5"
(5) and most important, it has a nice size bed (that does have to be folded up) None

Down side
(1) No couch, but it makes up for it with the U-shaped dinette
(2) The table has to be put down when you travel. I believe we have a mod for this - so that it can always stay up - but will have to really look at the unit in the spring
(3) The counter top is only 1/3rd the size of the Kodiak 195, but, I believe that we will mod this as well.

Compared to all the units that we reviewed, I will definitely say that it is the best constructed, best size and the unit that best fits our needs.

I can't wait to go camping next spring.

irvin56

I built a stove cover for mine

It made a big difference for counter space, we cook everything outside, so the extra counter sThread: 3 burner stove cover

icon1.gif
3 burner stove cover
Morning everybody.
I made a wooden cover for our stove. Sorry no pic's

I took a 1x3 ( accual size 3/4x2-1/2) and stood on side, attached 2- 15" wide shelfs (3/4" thick)to it and made one big cover to do the complete stove and area behind it.
TOTAL over all size is 30" long and 26" wide
I glued and screwed to the shelfs, 1x3s on 3 sides and left the front open as not to sit on stove top to damage it and have an area to lift it off. The shelve setup sits on the counter itself as I attached uprights to the very outside lip of shelve. The inside measurement is 23-3/4 inchs.

The area behind stove is a waste anyway and we always cook outside so this gives Gail a nice flat surface to work on.
The 2-1/2 inch height of the1x3s give the proper clearance of the burners and does not even rest on them. No way to damage elements or stove top. I put some little foam pieces on the bottom of uprights so it does not scratch counter.
If we do cook inside, we can lift off and put on bed untill . We will also remove from counter when we travel

I went to Rona and picked up a stain Called Butcher Block, It's made to do cutting boards or any surface that will or may have food contact. A safety and sanitary issue with anything wood.

2309817470065703481S425x425Q85.jpg

2639550220065703481S425x425Q85.jpg

2220559830065703481S425x425Q85.jpg

cool.gif

Last edited by irvin56 : 06-01-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Forgot to add stain
progress.gif

irvin56View Public ProfileSend a private message to irvin56Find all posts by pace is great