Can we get some decaf coffee this year please

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
In the past we are lucky enough to have some mornings where coffee is available and maybe some sweetness too. Could we get some decaf this year?
Thank you,
Mark

jbeletti

Hi Mark,

Coffee is made off-site and sold to us in multi-gallon cambros.

Morning decaf has barely been used in the past. When we provided it, we usually dumped nearly the entire cambro.

We will continue to provide decaf for evening events though.

I will have Linda W check with our provider to see if they have a smaller container that we can buy with decaf. If yes, then we'll put that in the rally hall in the morning and see how it goes.

MTPockets

As an FYI regarding decaf..... Before I retired part of my job required me to attend several large meetings per year, 500-700 people. Unbeknownst to attendees, Decaf was the only coffee served. Servers carries two decanters, one supposedly decaf, and he other regular, when in reality it was all decaf.... over course of many years not one problem or comment regarding coffee and caffeine.....

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We've experienced the same thing. We drink only decaf and have served it to groups and they never knew the difference.

Lynn1130

over course of many years not one problem or comment regarding coffee and caffeine

I would think the headaches after the second day would have been a clue to some. My guess is that most people doctor their coffee to the point that they could not tell the difference due to the amount of sugar or creamer. I drink it black and can tell with the first sip.

jbeletti

Mark Comer my friend - FREE BIRD!

We will have decaf coffee in the morning (M-F) in the rally hall. Linda West, our Catering and Food Team Leader will be making this happen. Be sure to give her a hug!

Each night, she or one of her team members will prep a 30 or 40 cup maker with decaf. Then each morning at 7 am, her or one of her team members will turn that maker on. Should be ready by 7:30 ish.