Heartland Calendar Expiring

rdufek

Have not heard anything on a new 2019-2020 Heartland Calendar coming out. Any talk on on doing an updated calendar?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi all, I produced the previous 18-month calendar.

The time and involved to obtain high-quality photos, obtain judging, create the layout, coordinate calendar printing (payment due up front), promote the calendar, then collect payment and then package and ship each one, is very much a labor of love!

I will happily pass the baton to the next person that wants to do it, and assist in any way I can. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have seen the expiring version in Mr Dufek home...we wanted one instantly. However, like traveltiger says I’m sure it is very time consuming. I trying to figure out if a “northeast region” is more doable? I just did a quick search of the many online printing/photo sites out there. In round about numbers a 18 month 11.5x14 wall calendar is roughly $20-25, it might ease shipping costs if we make them and pass out when seeing each other at local rallies...I think between the chapter leaders in the northeast we can try to distribute to people who would like one. Please give honest feedback, we can shorten it to a 12 month version also? My thought is send us a quality picture with you Heartland rv at your favorite camp site with or without you in it and let’s see if we can come up with something? If we have more than 12 submissions we can go to a 18 picture/month version and can address it at that point. So Ny, Nj, Pa, Md, De along with our friends in Ma, Me, Ri, Ct and Vermont let see if we have enough interest? Nothing in brick and mortar, trying to see if enough people are interested. Safe travels all

Ira

rdufek

Obviously we're in, we think it's a great idea, at least to get one rolling again. Love the calendar and want to see it continue on!!!

Dawnnira

Same here...so we have 2 moths covered

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

davebennington

Many years ago when I started the Heartland Owners Calendar, it was produced for the Southeast Region first, then after a few years and many request it migrated to include the entire North America Heartland Owners Club.(you had to be a club member to submit a picture for the calendar).

I would be willing to produce the Heartland Owners Calendar again in the 12 month version, if there is enough interest.

Let me know.

dave, retired Southeast Region Director

Dawnnira

Good morning Dave,
That would be great if you took the calendar by the horns. Tell me/us how to send you pictures. Were in for two copies. Hope all is well...safe travels

Ira and Dawn Lustgarten
b80af19ae054bec849e691cef3e20753.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

davebennington

Ira and Dawn Lustgarten

There does not appear to be enough interest in a Heartland calendar to make it worth while. I understand this given the status of the US today, everyone has a smart phone with a built in calendar. In the "new" world we live in paper calendar is a thing of the past.

dave