Partime Satellite TV

krehlert

Still kickin and screamin
We only use our rv for fun but would like to have satellite tv available when we go somewhere. Does anyone know if there is a service out there that lets you pay per use or just a month at a time instead of a yearly contract?

Thanks........:rolleyes:

imchud

krehlert,
Thanks for the post, I have been woundering the same thing.. This next season we are going to have our 1st seasonal site and I didn't want to sign a yearly contract for just 4 months??? Dish Network use to let you have a contract and when you didn't use the service you could shut it down as an inactive user (but not cancel) for $5.00 a month... We did that for years, then all the sudden last year they told us it was all or nothing.... so we picked nothing:mad:, they want the base package of 39.00 a month with a 2 year contract... So, I'm with Krehlert, if anybody knows of any way you can use the service on a part time basis please let me (us) know....

Tommy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tommy, as far as I know Directv does. We have Directv in our sticks and bricks so the price might be different. We have a dish in the coach and 2 recievers that we leave in the coach and costs us $6.99 a month for each reciever. If you want HD then it is more money. I did get HD recievers just in case we want to go that way later. I know that "larryheadhunter" has the service in his coach. Might send him a PM and find out the information from him on the costs. Check "solid signal"s web site, they have pretty good prices on componets and some free shipping. Best I can tell you guys at this time. Bob:D:D:eek:

Sparkie

Satellite Connection

If you already have a satellite service at home you can take one of your satellite receivers from the house and use it in the coach. You will need to get a used dish, which are usually free to $25, a cable, $10 and a compass. There is no extra fee from your satellite provider. If you want a permanent satellite receiver in the rig rent another extra one ($6-7 a month) or buy one. A satellite finder is handy ($20).
Hope this helps!

sjrellis

We have Directv at home. We take another dish with us and another receiver. There is a $5 charge each month and that is just for the receiver usage. If you have cable at home, maybe change to a satellite service?

crazybanshee

We have one receiver in the truck and one in the camper. We activate from May 1st through Nov 30th then inactive the rest of the time. Directv will let you do that twice a year.
Doug

imchud

Thank you all for the reply's... I'm going to call Directv tomorrow to see what they are willing to do...

Doug "Crazybanshee" that is one bad looking Rig you got...

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
If you already have a satellite service at home you can take one of your satellite receivers from the house and use it in the coach.

We do the same. Takes about a minute to unhook the one in our bedroom and another minute to hook it up in the coach. No extra charge that way and since we are not at home it is not being used anyway.