OLD THREAD ARCHIVE - Oregon Rally Dates Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hello everyone!

The first Oregon Rally is scheduled for June 12-15, 2009 at Seven Feathers RV Resort.

Some or all members of the group can then meet for a follow-up, or post-rally, at Winchester Bay RV Resort on the beautiful Oregon Coast. We'll arrive on June 15th and check out on the 18th.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Of course, any who can't make it to Seven Feathers, but can get to Winchester Bay are welcome to join us then.

Any Heartland owners from other states who want to come to Oregon, please do!:D:D:D

I haven't contacted the parks yet to reserve a group of sites or get rally rates. I'll do that before too long, but I wanted to get a good idea of how many sites we'll need at each location. I'll post rate information as soon as I get it from both parks.

The following people have expressed interest in both parts of the trip.

Mark and Kristy (ziggy)
Deb and Ray (slmayor)
Art and Teresa (TessaM)
Dale and Judy (dbarnard)
Dave and Kathy with SOB friends (dtvista)

Possibly
Chuck and Deb (Chuck Richard)
two SOB friends with Art and Teresa (Jim and Lucy, John and Lori)

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
It's marked on our calendar!

I have a suggestion.... it would be nice if all of us could be parked near the Club House or BBQ Pavilion. The pavilion is a nice covered area where we can have our get-togethers and potlucks, and we won't have to walk too far. It's a nicer location than the other side, which we found to be noisy from all the construction. Something to think about.... ;):)

Teresa

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks. We haven't stayed there before so I had no idea where the best areas would be. I'll request one of those locations.
Kristy

Bill&Pat

we are interested in attending from West Coast Canada where abouts in Oregon is the site ?? and are we welcome ?
Bill

bigredtruck

We were thinking the same thing, Bill. I think it's South Oregon. Better luck with weather there! Plus we are already planning Rock Creek with some other friends a couple of week later, so might try a Heartland Rally elsewhere. How are you guys doing? Snowmobiling yet?
Oregon people - you OK with some Canadians joining you?

dtvista

Seven Feathers RV Resort is 25 miles south of Roseburg on I-5.. We have been there several times and it may be one of the best parks we have ever stayed in. I hope you find time to make it down to the Rally. We look forward meeting you.

Dave

dtvista

A quick note about our Rally's. At the last two Rally's, Las Vegas and Jackson, we discussed the possibility of having a Western Regional Rally. One of the issues about the National Rally is that many of us these days would have a difficult time traveling that distance. Jim Beletti said he would support this idea. So keep in the back of your mind something in 2010.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Bill and Pat, BigRedTruck,
Of course you are welcome to come to the rally. As dtvista said, Seven Feathers is on I5 just south of Roseburg which is in Southern Oregon, but not the far south like we live. Winchester Bay is west of Roseburg on th coast near Reedsport. Its an easy drive from Seven Feathers and only takes a couple of hours of scenic driving to get there.

Everybody who owns a Heartland or comes with someone who owns one is welcome.

For all those will toyhaulers, Winchester Bay is right outside the entrance to the sand dunes. Lots of ATVs and motorcyles like to go out there and rip around in the sand. You can always rent machines if you can't bring your own.

Well,
I've got to go to school..... I would rather be camping!

Kristy

Chuck Richard

Mark and Kristy,

We are also very interested and are just working the details with "Work":( but will for sure try and be at seven feathers and trying to see if we can make both.

Chuck and Debby:D

timk

Bill and Pat, BigRedTruck,

For all those will toyhaulers, Winchester Bay is right outside the entrance to the sand dunes. Lots of ATVs and motorcyles like to go out there and rip around in the sand. You can always rent machines if you can't bring your own.

Kristy

Kristy, If I might butt in and say; while you can stay there with the atv stuff, you cant run em in the park. You have to tow or haul em out of the park before you start em up. We were there last year during the "dune fest" Holy Cow, never saw so many of the little obnoxious lil things in one place before. But with the park rules, it really wasn't an issue for us. I'm sure it was a pain for the riders.

That said, its one of the nicest parks we've stayed at. Although the spaces are a bit close together.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Mark and Kristy,

We are also very interested and are just working the details with "Work":( but will for sure try and be at seven feathers and trying to see if we can make both.

Chuck and Debby:D

Hope you can work it out with the job so you can join us. Making any part of it would be better than missing it all together.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Kristy, If I might butt in and say; while you can stay there with the atv stuff, you cant run em in the park. You have to tow or haul em out of the park before you start em up. We were there last year during the "dune fest" Holy Cow, never saw so many of the little obnoxious lil things in one place before. But with the park rules, it really wasn't an issue for us. I'm sure it was a pain for the riders.

That said, its one of the nicest parks we've stayed at. Although the spaces are a bit close together.

Thanks Tim for bringing that up. I should have mentioned that you can't start them up in the park. The friends we were with were staying in one of the county parks across the road, so it really didn't dawn on me to bring it up. The park has some pretty strict rules so people who don't use ATVs can enjoy the area as much as the people who do bring them along.

That being said, it isn't much of a walk to get out of the park unless you end up at the far end. We could also look at getting a space in the county park for one of the toy haulers who want to come and others could put their toys in that space too so they wouldn't have to walk them around a lot. That one toy hauler's people could easily join us, or us them, for whatever activities we do.

That's something we could figure out later I guess when we know more about who is coming for sure.

Right now, I'm looking at asking Seven Feathers for a block of 15 sites as per Teresa's (TessaM) suggestion. I'll have to see what kind of payment arrangements they want to set aside the sites and what kind of rally pricing I can get. I plan to call them this weekend, so I'll let everyone know what I find out.

Kristy

dtvista

Kristy

I want you to know that both Dave and Kathy Timpone (dtvista) and Troy and Carol Ratliff (our SOB's) are a go for the Rally and for Wenchester. We will probably come in early Wed or Thur to Seven Featers and stay Mon -Thurs in Wenchester. Troy and Carol are with the same McKenzie group that Teresa's group are with. We will be SOB's at each others Rally.

Hay Dale: Both Troy and I will be bring our clubs. I'm sure John will want to play. Troy played the course last year at the McKenzie Rally. Said it was a great course. He hopes it is still open. They were having finacial problems. ----Anyone wanting to play, drop a note here to let us know you are initerested.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Ziggy,
We are interested in going to the 2009 Oregon rally at 7 Feathers as well as the follow up in Winchester Bay. Since it is my DW Debbi's bday on June 13th, I have to sell her a little on the idea of roughing it up in Oregon LOL. Put us down as very interested. Dave and Kathy, you can always throw her a bday party, so we can guilt her into it. I wanna go! Maybe JimBo will fly in for the occaision. Better book him early as he is a very popular fellow.

dtvista

Larry

You know how nice the Oasis was in Las Vegas, and how nice Jackson Rachera was. Well Seven Feather is a step above both, and Wenchester and the Oegon coast is really nice. I know you live next to the Southern Calif ocean, but the Oregon Coast is magnificant. Soooooo if Debbi comes up (she can even bring you) on Saturday I will have something for her Bday......I'm thinking Dark Chocolate and Cabernet :)

Dave

boatdoc

Count us in!!!

Hi Christy,
Please add Diana and I to your list of both places. I think we get the "closest" award on both weekends. It's just a hop, skip and jump for us to both places. Seems like this could get BIG!!!

Gary, alias boatdoc

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Dave and Kathy,
I promise we will try to come to Oregon as the Goshen trip is just too far for the national rally. It's still a long trip so maybe we can meet you guys and others in northern ca for a stopover. btw, Deb hates dark chocolate, but loves milk chocolate and Cabernet is her favorite, as the Paso Robles wine country trip after Jackson emptied our bank account with many bottles of wine in exchange. Hopefully, we will see you guys before then and we can all talk her into coming. Thanks for the kind words. Funny you mention the Oasis in as we are going there this morning for 3 days for a party for her father in vegas. we are meeting forrest and karen for sunday nite dinner as well.
We shall talk soon to discuss our next camping trip. We have traveled over 11,000 miles in our big horn since our valentines day disaster with minimal mishaps thanks to all the help of the many heartland owners advice and mentorship.

jbeletti

Larry,

You and Deb have really traveled this year in the 'Horn. Good for you.

I now need to take another trip this year to catch you on miles towed. I am at around 10k. Got a trip planned to Louisville, KY next weekend. That will add over 1k.

Hope to see all you Californians again next year. Give my best to Forrest and Karen.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.