SOLVED: Led porch light not working

Colbyq

I have 2 “porch lights” one right above the door and one up by the front cap, in between the awning and cap.
the led above the door turns on but not the one closest to the front of the trailer.... any ideas if there may be a hidden switch or maybe it wasn’t wired in from the factory?

anybody else have this issue?

jbeletti

Re: Led porch light not working

The light up front is switched separately from the porch light. Look for a switch marked Security.

Colbyq

Ive looked at the main panel where all the switches are inside the coach, is that where you are talking about or somewhere else?

jbeletti

Ive looked at the main panel where all the switches are inside the coach, is that where you are talking about or somewhere else?

Sorry but I'm not familiar enough with your brand and floor plan to direct you with a high degree of certainty.

Generally, the porch light (over or next to the main entrance door), the security lights (on the front corner or mid-point outside), the main awning switch and the slide switches are co-located.

Colbyq

Figured it out.
it was in the control panel as off door side flood light, rearranged the switch to the correct location all is well now.
thanks for the help

CoveredWagon

Figured it out.
it was in the control panel as off door side flood light, rearranged the switch to the correct location all is well now.
thanks for the help

OMG a mislabeled switch, what is this RV world coming to ? LOL

slynch

Figured it out.
thanks for the help

Our 26 ft Mallard has front cap Less and a standard lamp.
There are 2 switches to the left of the front entry door inside.
When I turn on the porch light it works fine. The front cap lights will not come on with the second switch. No idea how to turn the front cap lights on amd we received no manuals when we bought the 2018 used Mallard last month. Help please????
The awning lEDs use a wireless remote but it won't turn in the front cap lights.

Last edited by a moderator:

NP_Chief

FWIW, the switch to turn on the front cap lights is located on the front wall in the storage bay on our Torque. Might try looking in there.

AidanMoran

I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in. It's possible that it wasn't wired in from the factory, or there could be a hidden switch you need to be aware of. Have you tried checking the wiring and connections to see any loose or disconnected wires? You could also try contacting the manufacturer or a professional electrician for further assistance. Best of luck getting your porch lights up and running!

Last edited by a moderator: